Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 11-21-2007, 11:11 PM

Default Re: What to do w/ QQ this early?

i might sound nitty here but...

let's put him on a 3bet range of JJ+ and AK. (early in tournament, EP raiser, deeper stacks). JJ i think good players call tbh.

you flat call, let's take a look at some flops.

flop is T high, rainbow. I guess he could have jacks and you might be able to stack him, but to be honest, 3bet an EP raiser early, i don't put him on jacks, i think he just flat calls there. You probably only get action on AA/KK (QQ not likely) on a raggedy flop. and if the flop comes A or K high, you most likely have to lead to win (which sux) and hope he folds but he will probably be raising alot there or you have check fold that sort of flop.

so yeah fold and wait for a nicer spot, don't really see what kind of flop you are lookin for and will get action on, except for a queen on flop, (which you don't have the odds for) ldo. i dont post strat much so i might sound dumb but its an mkind topic. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2007, 05:35 AM

One have the odds to call and see a flop to hit a set. The preflop raise is 240 and alow4194 has a stack of 2955.

So call and play poker.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:08 AM

I think everybody is forgetting it is a KO tourney!!! Push obv

but srsly I think I would flat call and proceed cautiously on the flop here
Old 11-22-2007, 07:23 AM

you're such a vag.. just fold
Old 11-22-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One have the odds to call and see a flop to hit a set. The preflop raise is 240 and alow4194 has a stack of 2955.

So call and play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just the thing, you either flop a set or you don't. There is no 'playing poker' here because playing it for non set value is ridiculously unprofitable considering his range (which I believe is QQ+ with a very very small addition of JJ and AK to that).
Old 11-22-2007, 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So call and play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just the thing, you either flop a set or you don't. There is no 'playing poker' here because playing it for non set value is ridiculously unprofitable considering his range (which I believe is QQ+ with a very very small addition of JJ and AK to that).

[/ QUOTE ]
agree with all this, fold preflop
Old 11-22-2007, 10:32 AM

If you call to setmine him you need to have the discipline to do exactly that and nothing else. But you aren't closing out the action here.

Btw, these "play poker" comments really irritate me. We are playing poker during our preflop decision. And we have to get that annoying bit of poker right first - and it's the easiest part to get right anyway.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So call and play poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention, as Bakes said, our hand is faceup here, if a Q flops, only a terrible player is going broke with an overpair.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to mention, as Bakes said, our hand is faceup here, if a Q flops, only a terrible player is going broke with an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an exagerration. He doesn't have to be that bad or simply has to believe that we are that bad to go broke here. Plenty, as in a majority, of players would play and go broke with a number of holdings (AQ, KK, worse) this way on Q-high flops. Neverthless, granted, it does lengthen the odds we need to set mine substantially.
Old 11-22-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw, these "play poker" comments really irritate me. We are playing poker during our preflop decision. And we have to get that annoying bit of poker right first - and it's the easiest part to get right anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think he's just talking about the reputation online players have for seeing a good hand and mindlessly putting the chips in. when in this instance no worse hands should ever stack off to you in this spot. yet they do... a lot. and i guess thats the beauty in this game. not everyone is a thinking player and theres a lot of skill in getting a gauge for which people are which.