Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: $60k-$80k
0-20% 2 11.11%
20-40% 7 38.89%
40-60% 8 44.44%
60-80% 0 0%
80-100% 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 08:18 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/21) (spoilers to come) *DELETED*

why do people write only the initials when there's no way the others will get it like: FS (Fabrice Soulier) or CB (Chris Bigler)

Here's my ideal lineup:
- Phil Ivey
- Brian Townsend
- Doyle
- Patrick
- Sammy
- Bobby
- BarryG
- Gus
- Kenny Tran
Old 10-23-2007, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are they wasting seats with Brandon Adams and Harman??

[/ QUOTE ]

oh and OMGifoldeveryhand(phil galfond) was any better?

Two weeks/episodes and he played 2 hands:

1.Folded QQ to Farha,after checking a harmless flop,and sammy raised the turn

2.Flopped top set with JJ....my grandmother could have played that hand

Geeeez I thought sbrugby/aba played tight.Its amazing that these HS internet pros's that play such an aggro game on-line, look like they have never touched a real deck of cards when they play live,as they truly look uncomfortable in their own skin?

I dont think they have to worry about not being invited back,(as Gabe and Helmuth constantly reffered to)...because they wont.

Gimme a break....you get a chance to play on HS poker,with probably 3-4hrs of edited hands each episode(so I dont want to hear he was card dead BS)...and thats it?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think its clear that the guys on hsp play incredibly spewy preflop poker and thats something the online guys aren't used to. how often do you see aba or omg open limping or calling big raises oop every hand the way eli and sammy do. they just play a much smarter, more methodical style thats less prone to donking around.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:33 AM

Harman has played about 5 hands in 4 seasons, Brandon Adams is constantly on camera just folding. Then wowo he 3bets KK and gets everyone to insta muck, what was the point?!
I'd much rather watch someone like Jman play (yes we've only seen him play two hands, but hes got to settle into the game/adjust etc) at least give him a chance.

Wow be more biased. Jman is by far the tightest player at the table. Adams is very tight as well but atleats opened a few times.Harmon has used her tight imagae to her advantage in a few hands. Jman played 2 hands and let farha run him off qq. Try being a little objective.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:40 AM

Why are people keep talking about how tight people are playing? Its not like they show you enough hands to properly asses if the player is a big nit or not. god damn it it tilts me so bad. You are shown like 12 hands per episode how on earth can you tell how looose they play.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Geeeez I thought sbrugby/aba played tight.Its amazing that these HS internet pros's that play such an aggro game on-line, look like they have never touched a real deck of cards when they play live,as they truly look uncomfortable in their own skin?

I dont think they have to worry about not being invited back,(as Gabe and Helmuth constantly reffered to)...because they wont.

Gimme a break....you get a chance to play on HS poker,with probably 3-4hrs of edited hands each episode(so I dont want to hear he was card dead BS)...and thats it?

[/ QUOTE ]

you talk a big game but you dont write so well.
i bet OMGclayaiken would play you HU live, but you're prolly too busto.

if you were 1/2 a man you'd put your money where your mouth is and play him HU for rolls.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:52 AM

Jman = tight nit at that table, i guess it's +ev but it's not fun to watch
Old 10-23-2007, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why are they wasting seats with Brandon Adams and Harman??

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Level?

Anyway, I think JMan would of played way more hands if had more money in front of him. Doesn't look like he has that much. Too bad he isn't playing in the 500k lineup thing.

Have you ppl ever even seen how this guy plays online? He isn't nitty from what I have seen. He is known for making super light call downs. Think about that against someone like Sammy heads up.

Sammy: "What do you have there Phil top pair? Oh bottom pair, that's good too."

Phil: "Ship it"
Old 10-23-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can see why DN has a reputation as a nice guy at the table. Look at him putting all the newbies at ease, especially the live ones like Gold and Safai.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, gold was a total donkey last season, but you have to admit he's playing pretty damn well this season>

[/ QUOTE ]
He did play well up to this point, but he's still a live one, I reckon. He's still liable to donk it up at any point.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you talk a big game but you dont write so well.
i bet OMGclayaiken would play you HU live, but you're prolly too busto.

if you were 1/2 a man you'd put your money where your mouth is and play him HU for rolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crappy first post.

More on topic: Why are people saying things like "[jman] Folded QQ to Farha,after checking a harmless flop,and sammy raised the turn" and "Jman ... let Farha run him off QQ?"

Here's the hand:
Negreanu btn, Hellmuth posts 300, Harman posts 600, Brandon posts 1200. Farha UTG calls 1200, Gold fold, jman raises to 6500, Elezra calls 6500, folds to Farha who calls.
Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (pot 22400)
Farha check, jman check, Elezra check.
Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (pot 22400)
Farha bets 16000, jman folds, Elezra folds.

(Farha had [Jc5c], Elezra had [4s3s])

I wouldn't exactly call 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] a harmless flop for Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] with two opponents, one of which has position on you. A bit more leniency could also be afforded to jman since he hadn't gotten a feel for the flow of the game yet, but regardless, I think this is being misrepresented as some sort of atrocious weak/tight play from Galfond.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:25 AM

I have noticed something weird.
Brandon Adams is constantly making moves (Cash poker especially, started to in HSP, but it's much tougher with Eli and Sammy behind him), but has an image of the tighest nit in the world.

I guess, he just looks very nitty.

Jman explained why he has played so tight (tryed to leave money for next session, very loose table, etc).
I don't think it should be required to play a LAGtarded style to be on TV.
How wild has Phil Ivey played?BarryG?

But people want to see them because they are famous.
I don't think Jman is a worse NL hold'em player than those 2 and yet, that doesn't mean he can profitable play K7o for in reraised pot or try to play looser for a camera.

I wish they'd let people just play their game instead of bumping them from the show because they are tight.