Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 11:21 AM

Default HU PL$100

We've played maybe 50 hands or so since the table broke. Villain started off playing like a huge calling station. I think it mostly had to do him having ittle or no heads up experience, or at least that's the impression I got from his play. He's tightened up postflop recently.

Ultimate Bet Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $1 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($106.30)
BB ($76.65)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. <font color="red"> Hero raises $3, BB calls $3. </font>

Flop: ($6) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, BB calls $6.

Turn: ($13.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks,

Based on a reliable timing tell I've picked up on, this is a really good card for him. Am I loosing too much value by not betting? Also, I can't imagine folding to a C/R given BB's stack to pot ratio once I bet.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:40 AM

Default Re: HU PL$100

Definitely bet here - with the intention of calling of villain shoves. This is a super monster and you need to extract value and make the pot grow so you can stack villain by the river.

The range of hands that completely dominate and crush you both ways (eg. a359, a39t) is just too limited. You describe this player as a huge calling station, they are not suddenly going to grow a brain in a space of a few hands... This type of villain is calling with a little as a naked A4xx, maybe even naked 34xx and A5xx! Random two pairs/sets, random straight draws are even part of his range here.

I wouldn't pot it because I do not want to blow this opponent of the water. A bet around the $9-$11 looks sensible to ensure he keeps hanging around with worse hands.

Also, I wouldn't worry too much about the "reliable" timing tell. He may just be figuring out what his hand is, especially since he has very little heads-up experience.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:53 AM

What is his read of you? Do you bet every flop if you raised PF? Does he like to just call the flop with nut low? I would base my turn play on the answers to these questions. If you have a good read of him not having A3, I think you should bet 1/2 to full pot size with the intention of calling a reraise / jamming. If you are unsure, keep the pot as small as you can, adopting a C/C or C/F line. I really wouldn't go to war with this hand against anyone but the loosest calling station or a maniac.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We've played maybe 50 hands or so since the table broke. Villain started off playing like a huge calling station. I think it mostly had to do him having ittle or no heads up experience, or at least that's the impression I got from his play. He's tightened up postflop recently.

Ultimate Bet Pot-Limit Omaha/8, $1 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($106.30)
BB ($76.65)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. <font color="red"> Hero raises $3, BB calls $3. </font>

Flop: ($6) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: ($13.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks,

Based on a reliable timing tell I've picked up on, this is a really good card for him. Am I loosing too much value by not betting? Also, I can't imagine folding to a C/R given BB's stack to pot ratio once I bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you fold this turn heads-up, i'm pretty sure you'd need to be permabanned from this forum.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:33 PM

you have a hand I'm stacking off with heads up. I bet near pot on turn, and am happy to shove.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Hero ($106.30)
BB ($76.65)

BB checks,

[/ QUOTE ]

if you fold this turn heads-up, i'm pretty sure you'd need to be permabanned from this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's my point. If I'm never folding to a C/R then there's no reason not to bet, right? I almost didn't post this hand after writing that sentence.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:56 AM

there is plenty of reason to bet.. getting value with the best hand being the major one. What do you think he has that's beating you? A39T is the only hand that scoops u.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:09 AM

If it takes four perfect cards to scoop and they have it say nh and reload. No brainer to bet here.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there is plenty of reason to bet.. getting value with the best hand being the major one. What do you think he has that's beating you? A39T is the only hand that scoops u.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said that I had to bet there because my hand is good enough to stick it in regardless of any tell that I picked up on, and that was the driving motive for me posting this hand. I just wanted to see if people agreed that there isn't a tell strong enough to justify check behind there.