Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 11:33 AM

Default AKs from BB

8-handed 20 game. UTG - very loose limps. UTG+1 a tough, best player at the table, calls. Folded to MP+1 a somewhat TAG who raises. Cutoff, a VERY loose, superaggressive who's currently on tilt 3-bets. Folded to me in BB w/AKc. I cap and everybody calls.
5-way flop 9dQsKs. I think I have the best hand and check planning to c/r to protect my vulnerable hand expecting a bet from c/o. MP bets and c/o raises.
Plan? What about preflop?
Old 05-02-2007, 11:42 AM

Default Re: AKs from BB

Preflop I am ok with.

Let it go on the flop. There are 4 other players in this hand with a very coordinated board. You have no position and are facing a raise with two players (3 with the bettor) yet to act. Too often you will get sandwiched here and on this board TPTK is nowhere close to the nuts. I agree that the CO's range is huge here, but it's still a clear fold.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:43 AM

easy 3bet imo. I'd rather just bet the flop. preflop is a no-brainer.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
8-handed 20 game. UTG - very loose limps. UTG+1 a tough, best player at the table, calls. Folded to MP+1 a somewhat TAG who raises. Cutoff, a VERY loose, superaggressive who's currently on tilt 3-bets. Folded to me in BB w/AKc. I cap and everybody calls.
5-way flop 9dQsKs. I think I have the best hand and check planning to c/r to protect my vulnerable hand expecting a bet from c/o. MP bets and c/o raises.
Plan? What about preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the 4 bet preflop because you have a good chance to knock out the first two players. Didn't work.

I'd fold on the flop. Of the probable hands for CO: AA, KK, QQ, and AK, you lose to three of them and only tie the other. Then there is a flush draw. Straight possibilities also. Looks expensive.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:02 PM

this guy is very loose and very aggro and he's on tilt? how is this not an auto3bet? see who calls and/or caps and play the turn well..
Old 05-02-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
easy 3bet imo. I'd rather just bet the flop. preflop is a no-brainer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his plan to check raise against this large field is the correct strategy (almost basic strategy) given that last position was a pre-flop 3 bettor. If it were checked to CO, who bets, the raise has the best chance of thinning this big field. And, given what actually happened, the check saves a bet.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
a VERY loose, superaggressive who's currently on tilt

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Of the probable hands for CO: AA, KK, QQ, and AK

[/ QUOTE ]

wow I dunno what to say about this. this guy would have a naked ten for all we know.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:30 PM

The CO could have anything, I agree. But then are we putting MP on AJ, AQ, JJ, TT and still seeing him bet those into a field of 4 on this board?
One of the EPs could be quite strong also looking for C/R.
I think for us to have the best of it now and/or at the river too many things have to fall in place and this hand looks to get expensive.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:55 PM

The only player who can realistically have JT based on this betting sequence is UTG (UTG+1 wouldn't play it from this position) and unless he specifically has JsTs I should have heard about it on the flop.
Given MP's read on ME, I would've played JJ and TT exactly the same way(cap/check -- actually I wouldn't but that's beside the point), so the bet w/AQ (which I beat)to find out where he's at doesn't seem unrealistic to me.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:29 PM

3 bet as played, i woulda just led flop and called down anymore aggression, unless it got too hot and heavy.