Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Miracles in Islam

[ QUOTE ]
Mr. Piper did not attribute anything to Satan...

[/ QUOTE ]
Isn't this perfectly consistent with Piper having been the victim of a counterfeit miracle orchestrated by Satan?
Old 09-23-2007, 02:18 PM

No its not...Different Christian groups have somewhat different interpretations on the bible...Some groups are very strict and say all miracles stop with the Apostles and others don't...Mr. Piper is a Baptist
Old 09-23-2007, 02:27 PM

You are missing the point. I'm not claiming this was a counterfeit miracle. I'm claiming that if it were, you would not expect Piper to say anything different. Therefore the fact that Piper claims it was a true miracle cannot be used as evidence that it was, in fact, a true miracle.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:16 PM

qwnu I believe Mr. Piper...He has a very nice explanation here on his web page...he also has a contact us link...This is a question you would really do better to ask him than me...

http://www.donpiperministries.com/about_don_piper.asp
Old 09-23-2007, 03:22 PM

It wasn't his point. It was yours. dnightx made a very good point. Your reply was completely non-responsive and illogical. And now you don't want to talk about it anymore. That's fine, but I'm about done even pretending to take you seriously.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:35 PM

You are not asking qwnu...You are in attack/demand mode...If you're going to ask a crazy question like that why not address it to the source...Satan does not possess the breath of life so therefore he could not have helped Piper...You really should skim the link...Its incredible the info Mr. Piper discusses...
Old 09-23-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Christianity, Islam, and Judaism(all the Western religions) share this "damaging" aspect because they all practice a close minded philosophy believing that everyone else is wrong and they are right and will be the only ones saved.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify, although all three religions believe they are "right" one in some sense, I don't believe Judaism and Islam require membership for salvation. First of all, it's not even clear that Jews believe in salvation strictly speaking. And I am pretty sure that Muslims traditionally believe that Jews and Christians are their brothers who have yet to see the light. They believe that some Jews and Christians will go to heaven, but obviously they think that Muslims have it the "most right".