Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: 2007 MLS Thread

NE has some good players. Did they bring in a exemption player?
Old 04-19-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Revolution might be my second favorite Boston team now.

Soccer is really growing on me for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

probably because its awesome. MLS' sudden potential to entertain is quite nice as well.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NE has some good players. Did they bring in a exemption player?

[/ QUOTE ]

All i know is that whenever I've seen Twellman's goals they have been sick, and he seems like a cool guy when they interview him.

It's mostly because I'm beyond sick of the Red Sox and would like something to follow at this time of year.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:39 PM

yeah its too bad Dempsey doesn't play for them anymore, but NE should be competitive.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:09 PM

What the hell is going on With DC? They looked so sharp in the CCC, especially considering they were still in preaseason mode when the teams they were facing were half-way through their seasons. With Emilio coming in from Hondurus, weren't they supposed to be an MLS 'Super-Team'?

Nothing super about getting crushed by the formerly pathetic KC Wizards. Although I will say its exciting to see Eddie Johnson looking SHARP... especially with big international competitions coming up.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:10 PM

If you want to watch a team, Houston is going to be really really good. They have Ching up front with De Rosario and now Mulrooney in midfield to feed the ball.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:15 PM

Colorado is going to tough to beat in that stadium. It's a mile high, and the field is a seemingly a mile wide, so visiting teams who aren't used to the altitude, and the HUGE field (the largest FIFA allows) are going to be holding on for dear life in the last half hour of these games.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What the hell is going on With DC?

[/ QUOTE ]

Troy Perkins is [censored] himself. He needs to figure out what's going on quick.

Fred has had very limited playing time and Ben Olsen hasn't quite settled in yet.

Also, whoever was playing the right side mid last game (Erpen maybe?) was doing a horrible job of staying on the outside. He kept crashing in to the middle and leaving 30% of the field absolutely useless to set up an attack.

When they moved Olsen over there and brought Fred in to play on the right side as well their offense started to look much better. With Moreno and Emilio up front goals are going to be easy to come by so long as you can set up the attack.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:18 PM

Yeah Colorado is going to be good this year. Their squad spent 3 weeks in London with Arsenal before the season began. Beckerman is a solid player, even though his hair is gay as hell.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What the hell is going on With DC?

[/ QUOTE ]

Troy Perkins is [censored] himself. He needs to figure out what's going on quick.

Fred has had very limited playing time and Ben Olsen hasn't quite settled in yet.

Also, whoever was playing the right side mid last game (Erpen maybe?) was doing a horrible job of staying on the outside. He kept crashing in to the middle and leaving 30% of the field absolutely useless to set up an attack.

When they moved Olsen over there and brought Fred in to play on the right side as well their offense started to look much better. With Moreno and Emilio up front goals are going to be easy to come by so long as you can set up the attack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree Fred needs more playing time, as for Erpin, he's definately had a rough time of it, but its not entirely his fault. Teams are exploiting DC's formation as they have 3 defenders, and the Midfield is not giving them any support in the back. They are owning the flanks. They gotta change the formation... I thinks thats the biggest problem.