Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 02:16 PM

Default Re: [censored] you Vince Russo thread

Ive had serious trouble watching wrestling for a long time. Every now and then I will throw on Raw or catch Raw saturday night, but the brand split deal is just terrible and the talent on the card is very mediocre.

I can stand the new DX because it reminds me of days past when the whole world was put on hold for MNR. I never caught on to Cena and frankly probably never will. Edge has always had great talent and I like what he does.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:46 PM

I just got into TNA is the last 6-9 months. The quality has gone down drastically in the last month since Russo showed up and implemented his standard Vince Russo plan:

- 2 minute matches. check. These make the whole roster look weak.
- Lot's of title changes. Belts are only props BTW. check
- "Shoot Interviews" check- Vodoo Kin Mafia is really on the stupidest things I've seen in wrestling. This wouldn't have even been cool 10 years ago when worked "shoots" were cool.
- Wrestler's calling each by their "Real Names" check. Apparently Sting is cool b/c he knows Abyss's name is Chris.
- Unexplained Heel turns just for shock value. check. Jerry Lynn attacks Christopher Daniels instead of Sabin. huh ?!?A.J. Styles is now a heel because... well I don't know why
- Cramming 2 months worth of stories into 1 TV taping. check
- Storylines that don't make sense. check. Sting loses the title due to a DQ because that's the TNA rule while Jarrett was getting DQ'd constantly for 6 months and never lost the title.

Also they really shot their load with Angle/Joe. Would have been so much better if they built it up first. Then they have Joe lose twice in 3 weeks after being unbeatable for almost 2 years.

The problem with Russo is he has no long term vision. He always wants to make every single show the most shocking controversial show EVER and does things for quick pop (or qtr hour TV rating) without any thoughts to long term booking. I can't believe he was ever a real wrestling fan at one point. If he had to sitdown and watch a 30 minutes 5 star match, I think he'll kill himself.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

WWE is unwatchable trash at the moment. That said, they have a big 3 hour show next week which has no chance of being good but which I will watch anyway, hoping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. I'm so glad Tivo was invented. I usually watch Raw in about 25 minutes. SD sometimes a little longer depending on how long the Benoit and London/Kendrick matches go. ECW- don't start. (at least I still have ECW tapes from the glory years 94-97)

I'll watch Raw next week cause I'm a sucker for Battle Royal's. Although I don't understand the point of doing a 30 man battle royal this close to the Royal Rumble.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:04 PM

I never understood Battles Royal in the first place. What exactly is supposed to be so exciting about them? Maybe they were something 30 years ago when going over the top rope was a super crazy bump, but now they are just boring and stupid. 30 guys standing around in a ring throwing worked forearms is the lamest excuse for wrestling anyone has ever come up with.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:35 PM

crap, I haven't seen TNA in about 4 months now. WHy oh why did they bring Russo back. /sigh
Old 12-15-2006, 02:33 AM

Jim Cornette talking about Russo.

So true.

You made way too many good points Mr Orange. The whole Samoa Joe's loss reeks of Goldberg's first loss.

YOU'VE BUILT SAMOA/GOLDBERG AS A MONSTER! THE FIRST GUY WHO BEATS HIM IS INSTANT CREDIBLE! DON'T HAVE HIM LOSE TO SOMEONE ALREADY TOP SHELF/OR A BS LOSS.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jim Cornette talking about Russo.

[/ QUOTE ]
hilarious
Old 12-15-2006, 03:18 PM

Nice Link.

"I may have sodomized a moose... if I was in Canada. But everyone knows I haven't been to Canada"

LOL
Old 12-28-2006, 07:34 AM

o
m
g

i just finished watching Turning Point (yeah, I know)... someone please explain how a company can put on such bad 1 hour TV shows and then poop out such a nice 3 hour PPV. if anyone hasn't seen Angle/Joe 2 please do yourself a favor and find a way to check it out. it had a great atmosphere and intensity that made it just fun to watch. the part with all the submission finisher reversals was incredible. the rest of the ppv was pretty solid as well.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:43 PM

Angle isn't dead yet?