Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Fall Fashions (and good deals on fashions!)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Edward Green. The pricing I used was for their made to measure shoes (this is when you get so select any colour, last and sole that they do) their ready to wear shoes are about $800-$900

[/ QUOTE ]

Are their MTO shoes really only USD $1K? If so that hasn't changed since 2000.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's two places that I know of that you can order Edward Green online. I'm going by their pricing.

Skyvalet1.com
leathersoulhawaii.com
Old 10-13-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Edward Green. The pricing I used was for their made to measure shoes (this is when you get so select any colour, last and sole that they do) their ready to wear shoes are about $800-$900

[/ QUOTE ]

Are their MTO shoes really only USD $1K? If so that hasn't changed since 2000.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's two places that I know of that you can order Edward Green online. I'm going by their pricing.

Skyvalet1.com
leathersoulhawaii.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, got it. I would expect made to order Green to start around $1800 now. FWIW, they used to be for sale at a number of US stores for under $700 about 7 years ago, and they made a big push into bespoke and semi-bespoke around then. I'm pretty sure they stole away someone from Cleverley around then who has since moved on to start his own, well regarded bespoke shop.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:47 PM

"How do you find the Tods driving shoes? I’ve been thinking
about getting a pair for a while."

The attention to detail in the shoe is the reason I purchased the shoe. As I age and each day passes and the dream of being a racecar driver fades, Tod's takes me back to my childhood.

The shoe is delicate, I would not wear these shoes for any significant walk, whether it be around the mall or through the streets of New York. I've owned my pair for one year, with minimal wear, they are holding wear but the nubs will require replacement. Upon doing so, I'll pimp the shoes with an out-sole, my desire is a pastel blue or green, this is subject to change.

This is where Tod'shines, I don't know of other shoe companies that hand make driving shoes. You won't be disappointed, be prepared to wear them infrequently is all!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:35 AM

Why is bluefly so cheap? Seriously, how do they do it?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:28 AM

Last seasons [censored] that is not sold. I don't find good selection in my size. What specifically have you found to be cheap?
Old 10-15-2007, 03:44 PM

a few theory things, a pair of generra pants that i bought for 180 that are selling for 90, a pair of mark nason sandals that i bought for 250 that are now 160...nothing crazy, just in general all the prices are low, if I knew things fit me perfectly I'd be ordering a lot more from them, I've had to make a few returns, they were pretty easy to deal with tho...
Old 10-15-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ok, got it. I would expect made to order Green to start around $1800 now. FWIW, they used to be for sale at a number of US stores for under $700 about 7 years ago, and they made a big push into bespoke and semi-bespoke around then. I'm pretty sure they stole away someone from Cleverley around then who has since moved on to start his own, well regarded bespoke shop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any idea where you can find them in the US these days? I was in London last year and looked at them but never tried them on since I had no intention of buying. I regret that now because I would consider buying a pair in the future and I'd like to find out how they fit.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:41 PM

I have the unique problem of being 6'7'', 235 lbs and never having a single pair of pants fit me without tailoring. Most of my suits fit very well after tailoring especially with an athletic look, but it costs so much that I'm trying to find a site that custom cuts ahead of time. One tall-man site suggested http://www.makeyourownjeans.com/. I checked it out and the jeans look decent, and they also have some decent looking blazers/suits that I'd consider buying. The prices are really good too. Can someone who's used this review for me, or just take a look and let me know if its worthwhile to try a sample shirt or two?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:16 AM

What do you do for shoes that have stretched a little bit and are now a tad loose, looser when I wear thinner socks, anything I can do?
Old 10-16-2007, 08:33 AM

Double up on the socks? I really don't think there is any other option here, unless there is a way of shrinking the leather.