FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How balla are you?
My name is Bones and I have boned a stripper 8 22.86%
I am not bones, which means I'm lame 27 77.14%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Vick indicted by the feds

[ QUOTE ]
** Culpepper is not a consideration. Joey Harrington is the replacement for Vick, period. Vick's salary cap hit this year is tremendous ($10 mill or more maybe not sure). The money is not there for a quality replacement now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Re: Salary Cap. If a player doesn't report to camp for ANY reason (which Vick wouldn't if this things get's bad) all of his bonus (that years prorated amount) is due back to the team. It also comes off the cap, so that's a plus for ATL.

Cody
Old 07-19-2007, 10:27 PM

the south will rise again
Old 07-20-2007, 05:23 PM

I hope that's true. The Atlanta newspaper has been reporting the cap hit as no matter what happens. Trade, cut, indictment, whatever.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:45 PM

Old 07-24-2007, 12:07 PM

Goodell has told Vick not to come to camp, the Falcons are supposed to have a press conference later today. Should be interesting.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:55 PM

Henry looks like an Egyptian depicted in a hieroglyphic.

His parents?

Old 07-25-2007, 01:53 AM

After watching the Falcon's and Goodell's press conference's today it's pretty obvious the Vick is done in Atlanta. A lot of the local media and fans is calling for it too. Bllank may have taken too long to address the situation but he seems determined to do the right thing for the team.

If somehow Vick beats the charges or is found guilty but no jail time a minimum 4 game suspension is coming from the Falcons but a much harsher one will probably come from Goodell.

Thanks for ruining the team Mike! 21 million salary cap hit the next two years and Joey freakin Harrington as the starter. UGH!

Plus Jimmy Williams (CB) got busted for pot in early June but we just found out about 2 or 3 days ago.

Hello 5 win season.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:41 AM

Vick is simply an extremely dumb POS. I've been against him well before this whole dog fighting thing started so you know how I feel about this moron now.

The real problem with him is that he is flat out dumb. No way is his IQ above 100. Impossible to believe if you have closely observed him.

The first time I noticed his stupidity was when he was in a QB competition about 4 years ago - at the Pro Bowl I think. He has doing a skills competition against other QBs where you have 90 seconds to pass the ball through tires at various distances and accumulate points for every successful throw. Vick was like 5th out of 6 QBs to go - and he sat there and watch 4 other QBs do this event - and their stretagy etc. Then it's Vick's turn. He starts casually throwing the football at the targets - taking his own sweet time. At the end, he rushes to beat the clock. A reporter asked him why he took so much time early on, and he said - this is after watching 4 guys do this - that he didn't know it was timed. Flat out idiot. This is the guy who is going to read NFL defensive schemes? L-O-L.

His stupidity is continuing now. People are saying the DA doesn't realize how serious these charges are. He's just acting like everything will blow over and be fine. So now he's delusional.

Yes, I'm a Falcon fan and really too pissed to even read a lot about this moron and his actions. And I still blame Petrino for so quickly deciding on Vick over Schaub. Reading that thread now, you can see why I was so against any deal that leaves Vick as team QB with no backup.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:19 PM

I'm not going to get into a lot of the philosophical arguments in this thread.

However, from the sports side, I am not convinced he'll play another down. I don't think he's been indicted without some fairly convincing evidence. Granted he hasn't been allowed to put on a defense yet, and with an expensive defense team he *might* beat the charges. What doesn't change is that he was at a minimum almost certainly involved.

The NFL can't afford to keep him around. The public outcry is already deafening and it will continue to get worse. Can you imagine the protesting at every game, etc? The NFL is already reeling from several setbacks, Pacman, Tank Johnson, et al. The American public is beginning to get fed up with this.

Franchise player or not, the NFL can't sit back and possibly attempt to defend animal cruelty by one of it's players. It's just that simple. Goodell might have suspended him from training camp, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the Falcons owner begged Goodell to take this decision out of his hands.

Disclosure: I have two dogs, and I love them. As far as i'm concerned they are my children. If anyone harmed them, there would be hell to pay. I find what Vick is charged with one of the most vile despicable acts imaginable, mainly because it's perpetrated against an animal that can't defend itself. I feel the same way about crimes against children for similar reasons. As far as i'm concerned, whatever punishment he gets, isn't enough.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:25 PM

Anyone think Vick is going to be the star of the Mark Cuban league?