Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Getting maximum value of out 345 suited (stud8)

3rd: Should I 3-bet?
4th: Should I raise here or call and disguise the strength of my hand?
5th: Should I bet or check-raise here or is c/c fine?
6th: Do you think a check-raise would have worked?

7 Card Stud High-Low ($2/$4), Ante $0,40, Bring-In $0,50 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.20 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (7.45 SB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls

5th Street - (6.73 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (9.73 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

River - (12.73 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___calls

Total pot: (15.73 BB - $62,90)
Old 10-15-2007, 01:34 PM

Default Re: Getting maximum value of out 345 suited (stud8)

I would jam 3rd and play for a checkraise on 6th.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:53 PM

I'd cap 3rd and like a c/r on 5th as well.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:23 PM

Why should I cap 3rd? I would assume seat 4 has aces, so he is way ahead of me 1-on-1. Should I cap because it's 3-way? Also, if I cap, should I call on 4th even if I hit a brick?
Old 10-15-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why should I cap 3rd? I would assume seat 4 has aces, so he is way ahead of me 1-on-1. Should I cap because it's 3-way? Also, if I cap, should I call on 4th even if I hit a brick?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in favor of just calling when it comes back around to you on 3rd. I would also call a bet on 4th if you brick as played.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You are slightly ahead if he has AAK and behind AA2. Your hand is easier to play and it is 3-way.

I would call one bet on 4th if I brick, even with 2-bets in on 3rd.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would jam 3rd and play for a checkraise on 6th.

[/ QUOTE ]

I jam 3rd too and also C/R 5th since you KNOW you can get the c/r in on that street and you don't know if you will on 6th (prob not given the boards).

-ChipsAhoya
Old 10-15-2007, 06:09 PM

C/R fifth. By the time the action gets back to you, there will be enough in the pot for everybody to see the river, and the other two are likely tied-on while you have excellent scoop potential. Get them in there.

If you catch good on Six you won't get raised if you bet-out, so Fifth is your best chance to get more bets in.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:18 PM

I think third screams for a limp/raise. You don't really want to raise into the Ace, possibly facing the field with two bets. If he raises and a bunch of people call, you can raise and extract maximum value for your hand. If no one raises, at least you gain some deception.

Definitely raise fourth. I'd check-raise fifth. You still have excellent scoop potential. Once you hit your hand on sixth, keep pounding until someone gives you a reason not to.