Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 02:48 PM

Default Re: New Software Announcement – Smart Buddy,the universal poker buddy

New version available of Smart Buddy with enhanced go to table, increased server capacity and various bug fixes.

www.pokerprolabs.com/smartbuddy/
Old 10-23-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
New version available of Smart Buddy with enhanced go to table, increased server capacity and various bug fixes.

[/ QUOTE ]

no features included that was discussed in this thread?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no features included that was discussed in this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

New features will be released in the next release.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:58 PM

This is a great product, but unfortunately it is a huge memory hog. I'm playing 8+ tables on stars with PAHud and notice when I'm running smartbuddy it noticeably lags my pc. When I open up my processes list in taskman smartbuddy always has the highest mem usage.

I have a new pc with 2gb of ram so I dont think that's the problem.. Unless this is addressed, I don't think I will be renewing my subscription.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a great product, but unfortunately it is a huge memory hog. I'm playing 8+ tables on stars with PAHud and notice when I'm running smartbuddy it noticeably lags my pc. When I open up my processes list in taskman smartbuddy always has the highest mem usage.

I have a new pc with 2gb of ram so I dont think that's the problem.. Unless this is addressed, I don't think I will be renewing my subscription.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much memory does Smart Buddy take on your computer? I am playing 8 tables on stars and am showing 33,436k in the processes with 1% cpu usage for SmartBuddy.exe. Can you give me additional info so I can try to replicate the issue?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:13 PM

In their defense, it uses about 20-30K memory on my computer. I don't have hundreds of buddies loaded like I see some people doing, but I do have quite a few. When it's minimized it only uses about 2K.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:34 PM

On my PC Smartbuddy.exe occupies ~52,712K memory with 0% cpu usage, the highest in my list. Whether this is normal or not I'm not sure, the only thing I know is smartbuddy is the only application which noticeably lags my pc.

I can list a few of the symptoms below, sometimes I can play an entire session and hardly see any of this, other times I see a lot of it. I know these are all caused by smartbuddy, as the momment I shutdown the program, all of these symptoms dissapear.
1) choppyness moving poker windows
2) sluggish ahk script response
3) delay opening tables ie. the table appears to be empty for a couple seconds before finally loading the players
4) when i place a bet, it will not be made until ~1-2 seconds later
5) "slow internet behaviour" browsing websites etc.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:48 PM

Next time you see this issue, can you try closing your IE windows and not Smart Buddy. Let me know what you get.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:13 PM

Default monthly subs discontinued, price increased (slightly)

I have been subscribing to SB for 3.99/month pretty much since it came out. But today I go to sign on and and it says subscription expired and I then find out that month to month subs are no longer offered. Now there seem to be two choices: a one-year option for $49.99 or 2 years for 79.99. No way I'm doing a two year - the poker landscape changes too quickly to think in 2 year increments. So I'm left with a signing up for a one year subscription that costs slightly more per month than the previous monthly sub. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] That stinks. Most software companies reward a long-term commitment with a discount, not a penalty. So count me out on principle. I like SB, but I will use the slightly less elegant free alternatives.

If you re-consider and lower the yearly rate so I am getting a discount for making a long-term commitment I will reconsider. I know, I know... the loss of my business won't be enough to make that happen, but at least I tried... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: monthly subs discontinued, price increased (slightly)

If this is the case, you can add me to the list. I know there's time involved in processing each monthly transaction (although Paypal can deduct automatically each month, something that's be easier for both them and us but my suggestion keeps getting ignored...)

That's not the real issue, though. The big problem is the software is still flaky. I was almost confident enough to consider it out of "beta" when just the other day it just stopped working for no reason at all. I kept doing the back and forth with support and was getting the retarded responses, "did you reboot your computer?" when it just started working again on its own. If I pay monthly, the worse I'm out is a few bucks. No way am I paying a yearly until I'm confident it's reliable. As long as changes keep getting made to the software I don't think I can say that.