Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 09:03 PM

Default Re: Mr. Gatorade’s Lies cost me over 70k at Full Tilt

You'll soon see who the FT bots are, as anyone sensible is logging off due to lag.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If someone plays legitimiately for 5 years then decides to run a bot for 1 day or 2 does this warrant the seizure of all their funds?

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a very good question.

Here's the answer. Zero tolerance for bots. If she used a bot to play a single real-money hand I don't have the slightest problem with what FTP has done. There needs to be a punitive remedy to discourage bots. Otherwise it's just a freeroll for them because if caught all they lose is their profit.

Aside from that, look at the damage that has been done. These bots have probably cost FTP an enormous number of man-hours to investigate and now they have a PR nightmare they can't possibly win no matter what they do. The damage done to FTP is obviously far in excess of $70000.

The only question we should concern ourselves with is guilt. The punishment absolutely fits the alleged crime.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only question we should concern ourselves with is process. The punishment absolutely fits the alleged crime.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.

How can anyone be satisified with the way they handle things?

FT: Hey there Player X...you be botting. Thanks for the money. Bye.

Player X: WTF? I didn't bot!

Player X: No, I wasn't. What can I do to prove otherwise? Can I speak to a manager?

Player X: Can I please speak to a manager?

Old 06-07-2007, 09:59 PM

Can someone suggest what would satisfy these three constraints, which I think are all very important:

1) The player is entitled to defend herself and should be given reasonable means to do so.

2) The poker community, especially the high stakes community, needs to feel confident that spurious accusations will not result in the seizure of their funds.

3) Current or potential cheaters should not benefit from the information divulged here.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:55 PM

BeatMe1,
If you are innocent then this is what I'd do.
1) Grab your computer, and go up to Kahnawake Mohawk Territory, QC and complain in person.
2) While you're there request a copy of Full Tilt's application for a gaming license.
3) Bring a civil action for replevin and/or trover against the owners of Full Tilt (Howard Lederer is rumored to be one), that way you can bring suit in the US instead of bringing suit under kahnawake laws.
4) During discover, request the name and address of the guy that's accusing you of being a bot.
5) As long as someone knows you by your real name, and screen name, and has read these accusations, then you can sue the guy for defamation and tortious interference with business relations.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:06 PM

Thank you for responding to my post BeatMe1.

It just seems to me that right now, bothering with Mr. Gatorade is a waste of time. It's not going to help your rep any, and it's not going to get the 70k back. If you were to somehow prove your innocence and be cleared of any wrong-doing, then by all means call Mike out publicly and give him similar treatment to what you have been enduring.

I obviously wouldn't expect any innocent person to just lie down and take this, but I know if I were in the same circumstances I would be posting whatever evidence I could find to try to help my case. I say pictures/vids of me playing as these would be the most obvious things I could provide right away that would help sway things in my way a little bit. eg. my lone pc sits on a fairly crowded desk in my bedroom.. far from the multiple pc's and monitors I've seen of some bot users. This is in no way conclusive, as things can be manipulated, but I still feel it could go a long way in helping to get FTP to review the case if you seriously start trying to prove your innocence rather than creating backlash.

Victor, take your [censored] super lolling to OOT or something.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I obviously wouldn't expect any innocent person to just lie down and take this, but I know if I were in the same circumstances I would be posting whatever evidence I could find to try to help my case. I say pictures/vids of me playing as these would be the most obvious things I could provide right away that would help sway things in my way a little bit. eg. my lone pc sits on a fairly crowded desk in my bedroom.. far from the multiple pc's and monitors I've seen of some bot users. This is in no way conclusive, as things can be manipulated, but I still feel it could go a long way in helping to get FTP to review the case if you seriously start trying to prove your innocence rather than creating backlash.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly how should she make a video of herself playing when her account has been banned?

A still picture showing a computer set up to play poker would be a complete waste of time. Does anyone doubt that a high stakes bot ring could trivially arrange for one?
Old 06-07-2007, 11:43 PM

" I say pictures/vids of me playing as these would be the most obvious things I could provide right away that would help sway things in my way a little bit. eg. my lone pc sits on a fairly crowded desk in my bedroom.. far from the multiple pc's and monitors I've seen of some bot users. This is in no way conclusive, as things can be manipulated, but I still feel it could go a long way in helping to get FTP to review the case if you seriously start trying to prove your innocence rather than creating backlash."

great idea! you should be a lawyer.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The other question I haven't seen anyone pose here is.... For how long was she running a bot? If someone plays legitimiately for 5 years then decides to run a bot for 1 day or 2 does this warrant the seizure of all their funds? Is Full Tilt 100% sure that all her profits were acquired through use of a bot?

[/ QUOTE ]

From my perspective, the use of a bot isn't a minor league offense, and any proven use should result in dire consequences, even if only for a short period.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if someone with 70k in their account runs a bot for an hour, you would take the 70k from them?
Old 06-08-2007, 12:10 AM

I presume her account is only banned at FTP and not every other poker site out there..

The [censored] point I'm trying to make that idiots keep missing is: ATTEMPT TO PROVIDE SOME PROOF OF NOT BEING A BOT INSTEAD OF MAKING THIS THREAD INTO [censored] FIGHT BETWEEN BEATME/MIKE AND WHINERS/FTP.

The whole process arguement is getting [censored] nowhere and it looks to me more like BeatMe created this thread to damage FTP/Mike's rep rather than to prove her innocence and clear her own. I know clearing my name would be my first priority, then I would look at revenge.