Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 10:14 AM

Default Re: $114 The hand that made me move to cashaments.

i would let the hand go ofter the turn card. mayb its to weak but i dont like playing TT raised with no T on board this early.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:11 PM

Cit,
THe thing is its very easy to narrow down pudge's range because his pf range here is so narrow. Calling a 4x UTG raise UTG+1 his range is pretty small. Lets assume its AQ+ 22+ is the absolute widest it would be. I'd probably say its narrower something like AK+ 77+. However it doesn't really matter because both of these ranges play the same postflop in this specific hand.
Now once he gets to the flop UTG cbets into 3 people Pudge will fold all hands worse than TT and call or raise with everything else. The turn is a King villain checks. Now pudge's range on the turn is basically 99/88 TT-AA and we can discount AA/KK because he'd 3bet pf sometimes.
So His range is mainly 88-QQ. Given this the only way AA is ever good on the river is if pudge is turning TT-QQ into a bluff which an unkwon can't really put him on.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cit,
THe thing is its very easy to narrow down pudge's range because his pf range here is so narrow. Calling a 4x UTG raise UTG+1 his range is pretty small. Lets assume its AQ+ 22+ is the absolute widest it would be. I'd probably say its narrower something like AK+ 77+. However it doesn't really matter because both of these ranges play the same postflop in this specific hand.
Now once he gets to the flop UTG cbets into 3 people Pudge will fold all hands worse than TT and call or raise with everything else. The turn is a King villain checks. Now pudge's range on the turn is basically 99/88 TT-AA and we can discount AA/KK because he'd 3bet pf sometimes.
So His range is mainly 88-QQ. Given this the only way AA is ever good on the river is if pudge is turning TT-QQ into a bluff which an unkwon can't really put him on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never give someone the benefit of knowing how tight my range is until they've proven they are decent. In this hand, villain is pretty well unknown so we can't assume he knows Pudge has a very tight pf range.

Also, if Pudge shoves the river with TT then I don't see why he won't float the flop with some hands. If he's playing ABC 2+2 SNG style then it's very easy to narrow his range. However, if I ever see a player make a FPS move like shoving the river here with TT then there's absolutely no way I'd ever fold AA on the river.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never give someone the benefit of knowing how tight my range is until they've proven they are decent. In this hand, villain is pretty well unknown so we can't assume he knows Pudge has a very tight pf range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's what I've been trying to say. Not clear enough I guess.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:35 PM

Ya my bluff range and vbetting range here are incredibly narrow since my whole hand range is so narrow. Bluff range is exactly TT-JJ and that is a small percent of the time. V betting range is 88-99, KK/AA/AK a small percentage of the time. I give credit for most villains to bet QQ/JJ here and very few will call here because they have midpair, eventhough they really don't. My read here is better than people think it's not like this is vs. Spacegravy or Gramps who's game I have a very good understanding of, but I think I had played like 50-100 sngs with this guy, maybe less but at least also if I get looked up here depending on the table I will start getting looked up so light. I remember there was a period of time where I three bet regs with AA/KK and A2s, I never went to showdown with A2s, but if I did I could probably three bet QQ and snap call 4bet shoves for the next month or so.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:46 PM

So what happened and why did this hand make you move to cash?
Old 11-10-2007, 09:56 PM

He folded. It made me move to cash because I realized I was thinking way too much and getting way too fpsy for sngs.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:12 AM

If you thought and fps'ed too much, I'm thinking it would hurt your results. Here it seems to've produced the outcome you wanted. Smurf confused.