Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 09-12-2007, 03:15 PM

Default NLCASH 1/2 - Two strong hands face shove from possible maniac

About 5 hands against this guy, I stacked him with A3 against 37 in a raised pot already (we both flopped trips).

He hasn't shown anything yet that says he is a bad player, but I suppose he may just be furious that I stacked him.

Full Tilt Poker Game #3541040368: Table Lion (heads up) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 14:56:40 ET - 2007/09/12
Seat 1: xSCWx ($348)
Seat 2: akkxxl ($200)
xSCWx posts the small blind of $1
akkxxl posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #1

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to xSCWx [6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
xSCWx raises to $6
akkxxl calls $4

*** FLOP *** [3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
akkxxl checks
xSCWx bets $10
akkxxl calls $10

*** TURN *** [3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
akkxxl checks
xSCWx bets $18
akkxxl raises to $184, and is all in
xSCWx has 15 seconds left to act
xSCWx has requested TIME
xSCWx: now this is an interesting one
xSCWx folds
Uncalled bet of $166 returned to akkxxl
akkxxl mucks
akkxxl wins the pot ($67.50)

My thinking is that any sane player would either do a small raise or a call in this situation with the straight UNLESS they had 58. I found it hard to believe that he might be dumb enough to do this with air. I must admit that the A3 hand didn't cross my mind.

Shortly after, this hand came up. Please don't use it in judging hand 1.

Full Tilt Poker Game #3541085741: Table Lion (heads up) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:03:01 ET - 2007/09/12
Seat 1: xSCWx ($296.50)
Seat 2: akkxxl ($249.30)

xSCWx posts the small blind of $1
akkxxl posts the big blind of $2
The button is in seat #1

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to xSCWx [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
xSCWx raises to $6
akkxxl calls $4

*** FLOP *** [3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
akkxxl checks
xSCWx bets $8
akkxxl raises to $22
xSCWx calls $14

*** TURN *** [3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
akkxxl has 15 seconds left to act
akkxxl bets $48
xSCWx calls $48

*** RIVER *** [3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
akkxxl bets $173.30, and is all in
xSCWx has requested TIME
xSCWx calls $173.30

My thinking in this is that we shouldn't be getting into this many big pots over the course of a few minutes so it is likely that he is trying to brute force his way through (he did do some damage on smaller hands). I was going to reraise on the flop but I decided that would induce a decision for stacks right there, and only against real hands. I decided to play it down for a chance to stack a bluff.

His bet also didn't seem to be a value bet, although at this point I consider my hand to be face up. I suppose it could be of value from two pair or a set if they think I might call.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:06 PM

Default Re: NLCASH 1/2 - Two strong hands face shove from possible maniac

Had one is an easy call...if he's coolered you then pay the man

Hand 2 I think the river is a fold, you beat nothing but air and if you say this is still early in the game rather give it a few more hands to see if this is one of his regular tendecies, if it is then you'll stack him in no time, if it isnt then you dodged a bullet
Old 09-12-2007, 04:47 PM

hand one could also be 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]x[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2007, 07:00 PM

I fold hand 2 without a better read and snap call hand 1. You see retarded non-straight hands more than you see 58 here.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:08 PM

1 is a snapcall for me as well.
2 is kinda close imo, but if i folded 1 i'd be more inclined to call.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:08 PM

Hand two is so god damn sick. Honestly AJ is good here a decent amount of time, look at the action thus far, I don't think your hand is as face up as you think it is. TT/33/AT/a9/a3 are beating you, if your hand is face up and is an obvious Ax hand. If you believe he is a good player I think TT can be ruled out. 33/AT/a9/a3 are def in his range, but a3 would be one hell of a well-played and tightly played hand. AT, also I feel would bet smaller on turn, though this of course is not positive. a9 and a6 would be interesting as well but I feel the most likely hands are 33 or XX KQ/KJ type hands the way he has played it thus far. Of course his reverse range for you is an ace, but also includes smaller pp's. a good question is how often has he c/r you and what were your subsequent lines. i feel i am analyzing this hand a lot on my HU game which easily calls decent sized pairs on this flop against any type of aggressive players, therefore augmenting my opponents range in this spot. na mean.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:12 AM

I agree with the generel opinion, definitely calling hand 1.
With this limited knowledge about villian I think you will have to fold hand 2, you are probably up against 2 pair/set.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:09 PM

Hand 1 is a call unless you are up against a solid opponent and the stacks are very deep which isn't the case here.

Hand 2 is a fold. Ask yourself - would he bluff me here, ace on the flop, two calls - unless he is a retard, this is a fold.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:30 PM

For hand 1 would you guys still call if the pot was $30? $5?

The results from hand 2 although this obviously isn't standard:

*** SHOW DOWN ***
akkxxl shows [2s 4c] Ace Ten high
xSCWx shows [Ah Jc] a pair of Aces
xSCWx wins the pot ($498.10) with a pair of Aces
akkxxl is sitting out