Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness

Old 07-02-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Thremp - Hot Sizzle Summer Log

[ QUOTE ]
thremp, I weighed one of those EZ-curl bars a couple years ago and it was 20lbs. Pretty sure that is the standard weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hot. Thanks. This def improves my massive ego jocking.

All,

I was doing sets of 5 and then tapering at the end when I had to grind it out. Will likely continue to do this.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:13 PM

Some notes before I go into my log:
1) When I get the EZ Curl bar into place to do skullcrushers, I have to get up and lay down. Now this may not seem like it is very hefty, but doing this with 40 lbs on your chest and >10 times makes for a pretty exciting ab workout. When you couple this with the Swiss Ball crap I had to do today, you can understand why I'm sitting here with an ice pack on my stomach.
2) Given the fact that I have not lifted in two months and the absurd high volume that this program requires, there is an absurd amount of soreness that has happened and is expected to happen. I'll likely spend my time tomorrow recovering from possible partying tonight, feeling like death, and doing feeder workouts and icing and stretching in general.
3)Despite hiking being rather unballer, it has made a huge difference on the muscular endurance of my lower body. I thought a threw a challenging weight on for my 2nd session and I just crushed it.
4) I am not doing exactly the reps Staley recommends. I'm doing 60-70, which is his recommendation for 15 minute periods in a 20 minute period.

July 3 -
A1 - Hyperextension - BW
A2 - Swiss Ball Crunches - BW
Notes: 120 reps. Way more than I wanted to get.

B1 - Leg Extensions - 100 - 11500 total
B2 - Leg Curls - 70 - 8050 total
Notes: 115 reps. Really stunned as I thought this would be way closer to failure for hamstrings. Oh well looks like weight goes up next time as well.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thremp, I weighed one of those EZ-curl bars a couple years ago and it was 20lbs. Pretty sure that is the standard weight.

[/ QUOTE ]

These weigh 35lbs at my gym, and I thought that was standard.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:46 PM

Goose,

I could be super jacked then. Seems due to confusion I'll just have to weigh myself and then myself with the bar.
Old 07-03-2007, 07:40 PM

do you have any more links on EDT reads other than that one you posted? I am going to try it tomorrow for my workout.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:55 PM

1C5,

Goto T-nation and search for EDT. There is a wealth of information.

Notes: I did the frat boy fantasy workout today. It sucked. I saw someone doing one arm clean and jerks and was deeply jealous. Whatever, I'm gonna be HOOGE. I didn't weigh myself either. When I got back here on Monday I was 168, and somewhat soft. I see a noticeable difference already. I'm sure a significant diet change and resuming lifting will have a substantial recomp effect in the first couple weeks.

Workout July 5

A1: Machine Bench - 100
A2: Low Cable Curl - 60
Reps: 95

B1: Incline Machine Bench - 75
B2: Preacher Hammer Curl - 20s
Reps: 81

Notes: Machines are terrible. It was harder than I thought. Stations for todays workout were far apart and it takes a significant amount of walking. I had some problems with the bench in the first set and then the Hammer Curls in the 2nd. As I am significantly above the rep range I want to be hitting I will increase weight next week on like the Cable Curls and Incline Bench as they were the easier of the two lifts. Weirdness.

Diet has been ~2500 calories each day which is around my basal and activity level. I'm trying to maintain a Zone diet and feed myself 6-8 times a day. This is significantly harder than it seems as it takes a ton of my time up, but all is well. I will manage.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:17 AM

Why machines?
Old 07-06-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why machines?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the article.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:48 AM

I weighed the EZ Curl bar. 20. My ego will have to rest that I did more than I thought. Woohoo 40 lbs. I am so jacked.

Friday. I made one modification to this workout and substituted shrugs for seated calf raises. For 2 reasons. 1) I have calf development that most bodybuilders in my weight class would trade possibly their souls for, and don't really like it that way. 2) I want hooge traps.

A1: Alternating Lunges - 40
A2: Sit Ups - BW
Reps: 83

B1: Barbell Shrugs - 110
B2: Russian Twists - BW
Reps: 110

I will raise weight on everything except the Lunges. I've found some of the big time wasters to be switching between equipment. The way I do Russian Twists takes atleast 10 seconds to get into and out of when all sweaty. Ghey. And a decent bit of energy. Also lifting a lot of the weights into position by the 20th+ set takes a good bit out of you. The lunges and twists are slower paced exercises than most of the others so I expect that even with very light weight there won't be a whole ton of upward mobility with the numbers.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:12 PM

Weighed myself today: 172. Maybe I will end up a disgusting fat body one day. The lunges on Friday still make me want to cry. Tomorrow may be brutal on that second set.

Today:
A1: Chins - BW
A2: EZ Bar Tricep Ext - 45
Reps: 66

B1: Seated Row - 87.5
B2: Reverse Grip Tricep Press - 40
Reps: 100

Notes: I used a longer ROM and a little less kip today on the chins. Since the gym I workout in is small and sucks, I had to let people work in which cut down on reps. Still I'm happy with doing a heavy load and having the same reps. 12.5% increase in work output for the tricep ext. I'll likely leave the weight the same and go for more reps next week. The second set I blazed through again. Not really too sure what to do. 16.6% increase in work for the rows and 25% on the tricep exercise. Not sure if I want to increase weight on the second set (I wish the were a 5 lbs increase), but I likely will increase weight again on both to lower the total reps as just moving back and forth between the machines is starting to become more of a cardio workout.