Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 02:46 PM

Default bottom two -- nl cash

i'm playing aggressive preflop and postflop. opponent has pretty standard calling requirements on the turn/river; he won't push light (prob not pushing pair+fd on turn, won't checkraise bluff the river).

effective stacks 450
i raise 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] otb to 12. he calls.

flop (24)
K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
he checks. i check.

turn (24)
3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
he leads for 24. i raise to 90. he calls.

river (204)
T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
he checks. i?
Old 06-14-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Re: bottom two -- nl cash

You have to bet that flop.

I like your turn play. I check behind on that river unless villain has shown a history of calling light.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:52 PM

I bet this all day and think you def get looked up light enough due to your flop check.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:57 PM

Why bet the flop here?

And looks like an easy bet here if he won't bluff c/raise or c/raise with a single pair.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to bet that flop.

I like your turn play. I check behind on that river unless villain has shown a history of calling light.

[/ QUOTE ]
You definitely do NOT have to bet that flop. I think checking behind is very reasonable and putting in like a 1/3 pot is reasonable as well Id probably bet because you know your never getting bluffed out.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:26 PM

I don't follow the reasoning behind checking behind on that flop... your hand is going to get worse 43 cards out of 47, and scarily better an additional 2 cards (3 or 4 of clubs).

You're betting flop to take down the pot right there and/or set up a double barrel on a blank turn.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't follow the reasoning behind checking behind on that flop... your hand is going to get worse 43 cards out of 47, and scarily better an additional 2 cards (3 or 4 of clubs).

You're betting flop to take down the pot right there and/or set up a double barrel on a blank turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Theres a very small range of better hands you fold out, you dont have anything you need to protect and you get pushed off your hand by draws a lot which is why I check this flop a lot here.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Theres a very small range of better hands you fold out, you dont have anything you need to protect and you get pushed off your hand by draws a lot which is why I check this flop a lot here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You absolutely have something to protect here, you have a pair HU. 2/3rds of the time he has nothing here. If you want to be conservative about it and figure in a tight OOP raise calling range, you are still ahead of more than half his range.

I disagree vehemently on many levels that checking this flop is good.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You absolutely have something to protect here, you have a pair HU. 2/3rds of the time he has nothing here. If you want to be conservative about it and figure in a tight OOP raise calling range, you are still ahead of more than half his range.

I disagree vehemently on many levels that checking this flop is good.

[/ QUOTE ]
You dont have anything to protect because you can easily be pushed off of it by worse hands and your not willing to put a lot of money in with it.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:41 PM

Basically I see cbetting this flop as bluffing with a weakish 5 out draw on a drawy board that helps villains range.