Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 12-01-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: PokerStars December TLB race!

WITCH HUNT!

BURN POKERSTARS TO THE GROUND!

MOTIVATE THE PROLETARIAT!
Old 12-01-2007, 07:12 PM

i'm playing tournaments in the first place as my main poker income so i'm happy to get some freerolls for decent prizes since you usually get nothing. If I played tournaments casually, I wouldn't go out of my way to play this, but still very nice of stars.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't participate in the promotion then. If you make top 100 just sit out when they do the freeroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

BECAUSE THIS IS THE OBVIOUS ATTITUDE TO TAKE WHEN WEBSITES HAVE BOGUS PROMOTIONS.

[/ QUOTE ]

90% awesome + 10% suck =/= bogus. I like complaining too, but come on.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't participate in the promotion then. If you make top 100 just sit out when they do the freeroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um what point of my post did you not get? Top 100 certainly has value but 101+ sucks, which I'm stating. No idea why you would tell me to sitout if I make top 100.

It's basically a 25kish prizepool for the rest of the people, meaning 101-201 gets like a $250 buyin tourny with some of the toughest other MTTers (at least in volume), 201-500 gets about a $85 buyin, and $50 for the last group. Hardly a promotion worth playing at all. 2+2 used to appreciate calculating EV of promotions, guess not anymore.

Edit: This promotion would be so much more awesome if it was just a huge freeroll where top 1k players play for like 20-25 seats and let them do the 10% thing. I think it would actually attract more people to play and be easier to advertise FWIW.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kleath,

reread this:

"However, the winner won’t be playing just for themselves. Every time the passport-holder cashes in one of the ten events, ten percent will be returned to PokerStars. The amount will be doubled for a special Frequent Flyer Freeroll. These tournaments will be open to all VIPs that are SilverStar Status or higher, for just 10 FPPs. Be sure to check the PokerStars blog for regular updates on their travels!"

Note it says RETURNED TO and not MATCHED BY.

Instead of being completely idiotic and doing something like this they should have just offered less packages.

Honestly, this is asinine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully got that part, my point is it doesnt make any sense that they are greedy if they dont keep it themselves, all that value goes back to the players in some form. Note I dont really like the idea of 10% being taken but hey its a free promo and it is what it is, just saying you cant really call them greedy for it. And to reiterate rofl at the rake statement, Im a low volume mid stakes snger and I probably pay as much monthly rake as most of the High stakes high volume players here.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um what point of my post did you not get? Top 100 certainly has value but 101+ sucks, which I'm stating. No idea why you would tell me to sitout if I make top 100.

It's basically a 25kish prizepool for the rest of the people, meaning 101-201 gets like a $250 buyin tourny with some of the toughest other MTTers (at least in volume), 201-500 gets about a $85 buyin, and $50 for the last group. Hardly a promotion worth playing at all. 2+2 used to appreciate calculating EV of promotions, guess not anymore.

Edit: This promotion would be so much more awesome if it was just a huge freeroll where top 1k players play for like 20-25 seats and let them do the 10% thing. I think it would actually attract more people to play and be easier to advertise FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was responding to goggles. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:31 PM

I love the fact that they are doing some different things promotion-wise, but I don't like the fact that a ton of money is being shelled out in this way (targeting a specific poker demographic- the tournament players).
Old 12-02-2007, 01:18 AM

Think about the Billionth Hand Celebration... All that went to cash players
Old 12-02-2007, 01:23 AM

wtf all,

I can't wait for the 2 million dollar freeroll after the wsop main event!
Old 12-02-2007, 01:51 AM

goggles,

i'd normally agree with you on stuff like this, but honestly i think you gotta chill out here. the 10 % thing is meant to add some long-term fun and also to get many recreational players to follow/get involved in live poker. i dunno, seems like a pretty decent, unexpected promotion.