Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Old 11-02-2007, 07:53 AM

Default Re: Did I find it? DanDruff slander FTW!

I'm almost astounded someone would try to call this slander... in fact, I don't see where DD is accusing MS of anything. At worst he's suggesting that some of the prior concerns are suspicious, and very rightfully so.

OP, if you're trying to defend Seif, you're failing miserably.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:21 AM

Given the current level of [self-censored]-sucking that is going on for DanDruff, I am not surprised about the (non) responses to my post. However, while I am not really tring to accuse DD of actual slander, I am curious as to how he can make a statement like "I kept your name out of the whole mess," while two days earlier, he was bringing up the aforementioned name. I'm not saying he was wrongly accusing Seif of anything, but am rather pointing out that DD was bringing up Seif's name in a negative way, in a thread that had previously been largely giving Seif the benefit of the doubt, and then later denied that he himself had done so. If this post is ignored, I will not be surprised, but I will be disappointed.

Again, I'm not saying DanDruff did anything prosecutable here, and I'm not making any judgements. But I do think it's pretty ridiculous if no one bothers to acknowledge DD's two contradictory statements, nor asks DD how he can possibly claim he tried to keep Seif's name out of it. I'm going to sleep, I'll see if there are any responses or explanations by DanDruff in 8 hours or so.

Sorry that I'm trying to see for myself what the truth is, if that makes me a communist, so be it.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:28 AM

When I read the op I thought it was a funny level, but the more I read the more I think you're being serious, which makes me think it's a level again. My head hurts.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, while I am not really tring to accuse DD of actual slander

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Please see the title of your thread, because that's exactly what it suggests.

Second, DD didn't implicate Seif of anything, he simply pointed out that he was friends with Scott Tom. Not only is that not slander, it's not even an accusation - which is clearly what he was referring to by saying he "kept his name out of it."

But hey, whatever, I guess there always has to be someone playing the devil's advocate and standing up for scumbags like Seif. Kind of weird that all these people got ripped off and here you are jumping on DD as if he did anything wrong. I mean, this whole thread is a joke.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:31 AM

"I'm not making any judgements."

never believe a person who says this, <u>especially</u> when they misspell judgments. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2007, 10:31 AM

OMG Grando and Gonso are two different people
Old 11-04-2007, 10:36 AM

Isnt slander next to impossible to prove - especially given the fact that to do so Seif would be forced beyond a shadow of a doubt to disprove anything he was accused of wouldnt he?

Plus - such a case would reopen every single piece of evidence agaisnt Absolute and Seif's links to it - in essence it would be the worst possible move for Absolute Poker, which Seif has claimed to be a part owner of several times.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:25 AM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

chaucerchick,

wow those are some very rational, logical points youre arguing.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:39 PM

It was a good idea to re-examine Dan's posts in search of Mark Seif's mythical libel. Nothing wrong with that.

But to suggest you might have found it is a bit sensationalist, to put it mildly. Reminds me of those gossip magazines with headlines like, 'Britney's pregnancy shock!' when the actual 'shock' is that she's, er... not pregnant.

Still, in a roundabout way you have done a good thing by showing Seif's accusations of libel to be baseless. I wonder if Dan Druff will now sue him?

PS. It's 'judgement', gobbo. And 'aluminium'. And 'defence'. When in doubt about English - ask the English... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That same IP was used to spam 2+2 as recently as June, 2007.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard it mentioned before, about this IP having spammed 2+2.

I am curious if anyone has a link to this thread(s) so I can see for myself how creative Scott Tom and the rest of his gang was in this campaign.