Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Available now at Amazon

There's a nice 3-minute interview with Lee about Kill Everyone.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:44 PM

The book looks great - not sure about the guy interviewing Lee though.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The book looks great - not sure about the guy interviewing Lee though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Just because I had to back away from the screen a few times due to thinking he was going to move/mombo/wiggle so far forward he was going to pop out of my monitor?
Old 11-02-2007, 08:28 PM

its actually a pretty damn good book
Old 11-02-2007, 08:59 PM

This book is amazing. I was not expecting the amount of math and theory that this book puts in front of me. I thought it would be a basic layout of tournament strategy with tight hand reccomendations for early rounds, etc., but it is so rich with just advanced theory that I was not prepared for. The re-steal chart is awesome. I really enjoyed the Mark Vos chapter on 6-max strategy for cash games. It is pretty much a basic TAG strategy, but goes in depth more than I expected about post flop play. Really good stuff all around. Good job, guys!
Old 11-06-2007, 01:48 PM

Holy f’ing christ! How is this book not getting more love? Is it that no one’s reading it? I think this is by far the best poker book I’ve ever read and I immediately found things that help me with my game. It is so deep on so many levels and some of the things on bubble factors just blow my mind. This is the book I was hoping that the Math of Poker book was going to be. Kill everyone is actually USEFUL instead of just a bunch of toy games that you can’t do anything with.

The Good: So many juicy nuggets that I’m sure will become standard lingo like ‘M’ did after HOH. Fear equity, bubble factors and tournament odds just to name a few. I love that they show a ton of equilibrium plays as well as the best response against people who aren’t playing equilibrium. The endgame section is the best part, but the other stuff is good too like how the game has changed in recent years with more allin bets and cbets too. The walkthrough of the pro SNG is eye opening.

The bad: I was hoping for a longer 6-max cash game section, but what’s there is decent. My only other complaint is that it’s NOT an easy read, though that may actually be a good thing. I had to read most of it very slowly and then reread it a second time before some of it sunk in. Heavy stuff.

The ugly: That resteal chart is a nightmare to read like others have said. It’s got lots of georgeous charts and graphs, but that one is a dud.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy f’ing christ! How is this book not getting more love? Is it that no one’s reading it? I think this is by far the best poker book I’ve ever read and I immediately found things that help me with my game. It is so deep on so many levels and some of the things on bubble factors just blow my mind. This is the book I was hoping that the Math of Poker book was going to be. Kill everyone is actually USEFUL instead of just a bunch of toy games that you can’t do anything with.

The Good: So many juicy nuggets that I’m sure will become standard lingo like ‘M’ did after HOH. Fear equity, bubble factors and tournament odds just to name a few. I love that they show a ton of equilibrium plays as well as the best response against people who aren’t playing equilibrium. The endgame section is the best part, but the other stuff is good too like how the game has changed in recent years with more allin bets and cbets too. The walkthrough of the pro SNG is eye opening.

The bad: I was hoping for a longer 6-max cash game section, but what’s there is decent. My only other complaint is that it’s NOT an easy read, though that may actually be a good thing. I had to read most of it very slowly and then reread it a second time before some of it sunk in. Heavy stuff.

The ugly: That resteal chart is a nightmare to read like others have said. It’s got lots of georgeous charts and graphs, but that one is a dud.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of people like the book but as you said there is a lot of heavy info to digest and everyone is reading one chapter at a time once or twice then try it out instead of reading the whole book.

In regards to the resteal chart, the author who specifically written the chart explains here in this thread.

http://forums.lasvegasadvisor.com/me...hreadid=258338
Old 11-06-2007, 02:51 PM

Re-steal chart is far from a "dud" you just need to know how to read it. The top row is the opponent's initial raising range and there is a slightly thicker line beneath it to show it is seperate from the other ranges which are your re-steal ranges for your CSI (same as M) according to the opponent's stealing range.

Anyway, I got this book Friday and I'm still not half way through because it is so dense. I love the math behind everything and it doesn't leave much guesswork to what to do when at the end of a tournament.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:31 PM

The book sounds great , but the title is really dreadful e.g. I did not even read this thread at first as I did not realize it was about a poker book.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:41 PM

As pointed out in article 9 subsection 12, Kill Everyone is a great name. It should be the name of everything.