Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications

Old 10-27-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Available now at Amazon

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, wonder what's the deal with amazon. I ordered mine on the 20th and it says it still hasn't shipped. Why the hell can't they get their shipping information right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazon has not been runn well since Hercules stole Hippolyte's belt.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, wonder what's the deal with amazon. I ordered mine on the 20th and it says it still hasn't shipped. Why the hell can't they get their shipping information right?

[/ QUOTE ]

thats Amazon for you. I stopped ordering from there for good. Try ordering from Professional Poker next time. My KE book was shipped on time and it arrived in a couple of days and I live in Oz. If it was Amazon, god knows when it would be shipped.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:25 PM

Thanks for the headsup JJay, will do!
Old 10-27-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, wonder what's the deal with amazon. I ordered mine on the 20th and it says it still hasn't shipped. Why the hell can't they get their shipping informatAion right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I learned from the last two plus two book that amazon sends their preorders out very late. So this time I ordered my copy from a guy I saw posting here who said he had it right on his desk, ready to ship out, a guy named Mike. I got it within three days, tho the order form failed to let me have the option of getting it priority mail. I learned from the email confirmation from Mike that I had a choice of media mail or priority mail - too late. But I am so close to him that media mail was fast. So if you use him in the future - remember that you can email him to tell him to do it priority, I think. Or leave a note or something. Found him - Professional Poker.com. It's also nice to deal with a human, and one of our group, rather than a trillion dollar conglomerate. It is a really really good book, imo.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:58 PM

Thanks for the kind words. Our checkout for domestic orders now defaults to Priority mail and also offers media and express mail options.
Mike
Old 10-28-2007, 02:36 PM

Tysen,

The charts on pages 72 and 73 titled "Unexploitable Re-Steals Far From The Money" are unclear. What are the 3 colums for on pg 72, and what are the 2 colums on pg 73?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tysen,

The charts on pages 72 and 73 titled "Unexploitable Re-Steals Far From The Money" are unclear. What are the 3 colums for on pg 72, and what are the 2 colums on pg 73?

[/ QUOTE ]

The top ranges (next to Your CSI) is the opponents range for the initial raise.

The ranges below that are the ranges that you can resteal with given a certain CSI.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:06 PM

Default Re-steal chart

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I finally got my hard copies, so I can see what the problem is. Yes, I know they are unclear. There is supposed to be a thick line between the second and third rows. If you look very closely you can see that the line is a bit thicker, but you essentially can’t see the difference. If that line were thicker, it would be more obvious how to read the chart. Anyway, look a dozen or so posts up from here for an explanation for how to read it.

Tysen
Old 10-31-2007, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Re-steal chart

just got mine from amazon....it's fantastic

the best thing I can say is that even if you disagree with some of the recommendations and strategy, the book forces you to think about and evaluate the entire theory and strategy underlying your game

I'll have a more thorough review later, but I can say this is a great mental exercise all the way around

the book is dense and will take alot of time to work through
Old 10-31-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Re-steal chart

[ QUOTE ]
just got mine from amazon....it's fantastic

the best thing I can say is that even if you disagree with some of the recommendations and strategy, the book forces you to think about and evaluate the entire theory and strategy underlying your game

I'll have a more thorough review later, but I can say this is a great mental exercise all the way around

the book is dense and will take alot of time to work through

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds great. Mine will hopefully be here tomorrow. I saw that there is a HU strategy in it. Could you give me your review on that? Would it be applicable to HU SNG's?