Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Stud Hi (Trapper...)

I was a little surprised why the A didn't raise in the steal position, especially since he seemed to be very tight/aggressive. I decided to put him on a 3-flush or broadways.

The limp-re-raise here really had me baffled though. Maybe I'm seeing too many monsters, but I know most cases this is what AAA does as they are just begging the BI to catch something and pay them off. Either that, or he had the courage to give a free card or two and risk his AAx, assuming he wasn't just pulling a move on me.

Either way, I am either a big dog, or a small favourite, so the move here is to simply fold correct? I just feel this may be wrong, as I'm liable to get bluffed out too many times by doing this.

Thoughts?

P.S. His other high-pockets I've seen, like KK he didn't dare slowplay. In fact, he kept gunning those even when he was vs multiple callers, and unimproved on the latter streets; while the horse-race concept was telling him to stop-betting. Or maybe he just didn't read 7CS yet.

Show hole cards is not supported for this site.
7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.88 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___raises
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

Total pot: (3.88 SB)
Old 10-26-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Stud Hi (Trapper...)

I would put villian on split aces. He was probably hoping to get action from either you or the bring-in by limping. His raise makes the pot 9 bucks with you needing to put 2 bucks in to call. You are a 2:1 dog on 3rd. I am not sure that folding 3rd is the correct response here. One way to look at it is that there are reverse implied odds if you hit your two pair and he hits his as well.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:42 PM

Default Re: Stud Hi (Trapper...)

Rolled Aces looking for action is possible, but I suspect that split Aces looking for action is his most likely hand. I think folding is just fine here, but don't ever let on that you folded Kings on third.