Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: nl cash 2/4 -- prob boring

Nobody else thinks this sort of smells like a tricky way for him to play a flopped flush, and he's looking to c/r all-in on the river? Seriously, I can't think of any other hand that he could have here aside from K,Q,TdJx or some sort of wonky 2pr hand he turned?

I would have reraised him a fairly small amount on the turn to see just what he was up to.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Value, I'm thinking. I don't think he'll call though. What about a smaller value-bet. Obviously with the plan of calling an induced bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a postoak bet to induce a bluff from a wild opponent, or an allin bet to push out a better hand from a weak opponent, are both better plays than some sort of value bet.

But unless I have a read on an opponent I'd avoid either fancy play and just check.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have re-raised all in the turn...

[/ QUOTE ]

as played, shove river
Old 07-15-2007, 05:28 PM

i hate to be cliche, but i don't see what you're beating that will cause him to call a push.

i bet like 150-2 and hope a random jack pays u off.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:02 AM

I think he's probably taking this line to induce a bluff from the missed diamond draw. Most people aren't going to try to bluff on this board unless they hold a big diamond and usually those are firing another barrel on the river. The c/min raise on the turn seems like something marginal looking for value. It's possible, of course, that he's flopped a big hand and is planning to c/r to get all the money in or he has a bluff catching type hand such J9, JT etc. that he was trying to get value out of on the turn. This makes the river bet size tricky with the stack sizes, esp. if your opponent is tough because he could sniff out a value bet (1/2 potish) and either fold, c/r bluff ai or actually have a huge hand and c/r ai. I don't think most players play their big hands this way though so I would make a big bet (>3/4 pot but <pot) repping the missed flush draw and hope he calls down light. Unfortunately this probably prices you in if you get pushed on but I think also gets the most money in the long run.