Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Staking Dispute with TcCorbin

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I said basically once he won 6k or something he could play 3/6 and then if continued to pwn could try 5/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TWP ,

I have the conversation saved on my computer. I DO NOT HAVE IT WITH ME because I am supposed to partying on the beach. Regardless, it is very clear I wanted him at 2/4.

He was nowhere near +6k so I think it's pretty clear I [censored] up. I don't think me being more clear is that relevant here. But I guess I know for future reference I'll be more careful.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:46 PM

easily owes you 4500,

he took your cash and gambled it away, 4500 of it was yours.

the only hole i see is this....
would you have expected half of the winnings? If the answer to this is yes, then I would imagine he would still be under the guise of your staking agreement and thus he owes you nothing.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:47 PM

soah is right, of course. if you staked him for 2/4, then anything he plays other than 2/4 is out of his own pocket. however, if you staked him for 2/4 you sure as hell should be clear as hell that he is being staked for 2/4 and ONLY 2/4 and don't muddy the water by talking about maybe moving up at some point when he accomplishes some thing or whatever. how obvious is it in hindsight that you should have emailed him saying "amount of stake: 4k, stakes to be played: 2/4, amount of time: 1 month or until ended by KingDan, sites to be played: PokerStars, UB, FullTilt" etc etc....

takes one second, protects your 4k investment...

edit: AS I SAID INITIALLY, looks like he owes you the money. AND looks like you were an idiot. I don't see what you disagree with here... you were by your own admission not clear enough...
Old 07-09-2007, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
easily owes you 4500,

he took your cash and gambled it away, 4500 of it was yours.

the only hole i see is this....
would you have expected half of the winnings? If the answer to this is yes, then I would imagine he would still be under the guise of your staking agreement and thus he owes you nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he should expect all the money if the stakee were to win at higher stakes. Winning isn't an excuse for playing irresponsibly with someone elses money. Staking requires a lot of trust; I have done many such deals and the first sign of "moving up syndrome" or anything similar would result in termination.

my .02
Old 07-09-2007, 08:02 PM

All,

I know that I personally am a lot more careful with other people's money than with my own. Most of my friends, and people I do business with, have the same attitude. Easy to forget others do not feel the same way.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:02 PM

OP you're right he owes you $4500. He is obv trying to take advantage of you. Why the hell would you stake him $4000 for 25/50?
Old 07-09-2007, 08:19 PM

corbin owes dan $4500.

/end thread
Old 07-09-2007, 08:52 PM

Ok, wow hopefully this doesnt turn into a drama bomb. It was my fault that i burned the last 3k or w/e on poor decision making.

---"From when it went from "loaning" to "staking", it is a stake where you take risk. Why would someone take a loan and pay 50% of their profits at high stakes NL games as interest? People take a loan and pay 5-10% interest, and sometimes none.

Makeup option is used when someone gets in the hole at first, and if you choose so to continue staking them, they have to replenish what they lost. If you choose to stop staking them, you take the loss and they are free."

Quoting boosted on that since someone sent me that page earlier. I dont really want this to turn into that though.

Today i started with 5.3k in the account after winning yesterday. i dont know where the extra 500 that i owe dan is coming from though. i played some 2/4. made money no doubt. I was feeling confident in the way i was playing so i decided to go to a 3/6 game. Play this guy hu for a lil like 50 hands or somethin. i lose AK < 78 ai on A 10 9 3 board for a stack. then next hand i lose JJ < K6dd ai pf for a stack vs same guy. im a lil annoyed at this point get stacked on 2/4 game as well. so im back around even. on the stake or w/e. I see my k6 and 78 friend go to a 5/10 table and i lose some at the 5/10 game. at this point im like [censored] need to win this money back for dan so hes not mad. go to 25/50 AQ < KJ ai pf for 1k. KK < 1010 ai pf for 1k.

Busto... end of thread. Not sure what else to say... meh.

I feel like scum about this but its not a loan it was a stake. He chose to stake me. I wanted to be honest with him since he showed faith in me to stake me in the first place. I could have just lied about how i lost it and this wouldnt have happened.

Not sure if i am leaving [censored] out though... meh.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:56 PM

quoting boostedj probably wasn't a very good idea either
Old 07-09-2007, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quoting boostedj probably wasn't a very good idea either

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha