Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2006, 03:12 AM

Default Gergery is Good at Poker

www.o8poker.com.
Wow, this site is good. As near as I can figure it, gergery gets nothing for having this website, except for the satisfaction of having organized a tremendous amount of great information on his game of choice. I am really impressed. This is something to be proud of.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:45 AM

Default Re: Gergery is Good at Poker

You just now found this?
Old 08-10-2006, 03:56 AM

I can't for the life of me figure out why he runs that site. He may get a few rakeback deals out of it, but he's singlehandedly drying up the fishpond and making the games tougher to play. Hundreds of beginners go through that site and quickly become scoopmonkeys and stop losing. Advice/discussion on 2+2 is one thing, but having a ready made, detailed guide just seems silly.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't for the life of me figure out why he runs that site. He may get a few rakeback deals out of it, but he's singlehandedly drying up the fishpond and making the games tougher to play. Hundreds of beginners go through that site and quickly become scoopmonkeys and stop losing. Advice/discussion on 2+2 is one thing, but having a ready made, detailed guide just seems silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen NO drying of the fish pond...
they seem fishier than last year.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:33 AM

he does it to get chicks... obviously.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:22 AM

Yeah, well, the original idea was to be a rakeback affiliate using the site to generate income from referrals to poker sites. Also to generate some coaching income.

Then it looked like it would be a hassle with acct transfers, and the legality of being an affiliate was always kinda questionable. I also started making more than i thought i would from playing, so fiddling with the site for income became less important.

As to whether it educates fish too much, the original idea was to bring more players into O8, which i think/hope it has done. some of them will read the site and think they're better than they are, some will leaf thru it and give O8 a shot for grins, a very few will study it and actually improve since it still takes hard work and thinking to get something out of it. Like any other form of poker, hand reading is really where its at, and you can't learn that from the site. And FYI, some of the info I now don't agree with anymore, since i have the benefit of much more experience now. And some of the critical stuff I never did put up as i saved that for students.

Oh, so any affiliates reading this who want to get the referrals from the site -- PM me.

-g
Old 08-10-2006, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hundreds of beginners go through that site and quickly become scoopmonkeys and stop losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then what do you think they do next? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-g
Old 08-10-2006, 05:26 AM

As long as you're getting some benefit it's all good, don't put that [censored] up for free. There are people with far worse sites making a lot of money off affiliate [censored].

Plus when you go BUSTO in 92 days it'll be good to have a side income. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 08-10-2006, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hundreds of beginners go through that site and quickly become scoopmonkeys and stop losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then what do you think they do next? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-g

[/ QUOTE ]
START WINNING

Well actually they usually become weak tight nits, since your advice for PLO8 is kind of stupid (see the Dirty Aces thread for example - LOL), and I take all their money.

It's less fun though.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:49 AM

Fishpond dry? I havnt seen that at all. The players appear to be getting worse not better.