Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Macro Evolution Epihpanypy.

Ok so im bored and decide to watch some documentary called 100 reasons why Evolution is stupid as opposed to 100 reasons why creationism s stupid because i felt like watching something positive.

Anyway im watching and i do see the usual dumbass religious Bs im used to seeing but they also provide GOOD points that ive never thought of before and i was shocked.

Though they still cannot add to the evidence for God etc it has actually opened my mind.

Macro Evolution seems unplausible.

He states that Micro evolution does and is proven to exist but man evolving from a rock is just ridiculous.

I wish i could remember his points (1 of which was that the chemicals in the time of the earths creation werent able to support evolving life) but all i can really think of now is that there is no missing link. WAIT!

I know theres not meant to be 1 but when we evolved from the apes and then evolved again killing the original 'evolvees' over and over again, (Ie we evolve into caveman then neanderthal so kill caveman.) why didnt we ever kill the original apes.

This argument is flawed and incomplete but u can see my point, why do the 'inferior' apes still live if we in some form evolved off them.

Edit: Lol i spelt the title wrong.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Macro Evolution Epihpanypy.

I have no idea if this post is serious, i hope not though. A few things anyway.

We didnt directly evolve from Neanderthals.

Evolution isnt nearly as clear cut as " humans evolved from chimps who evovled from gorillas. At some point there was a common ancestor of chimps and humans who probably wasnt one or the other.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:02 PM

Cliff:

The evolutionary process over billions of years of change through environmental pressures is stupid and the invisible sky-ghost just snapped his fingers and BAM everything came out of NOTHING. ldo
Old 09-15-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but man evolving from a rock is just ridiculous

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that all those scientists out there that claimed we evolved from rocks are wrong?!?! Good. Personally I think we evolved from lamps anyway. Especially those tall ones from Ikea because they are shaped more like us.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know theres not meant to be 1 but when we evolved from the apes and then evolved again killing the original 'evolvees' over and over again, (Ie we evolve into caveman then neanderthal so kill caveman.) why didnt we ever kill the original apes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes species die out. Sometimes they don't. We have fossils that prove many of those species "in between apes and man" existed. There's Lucy the Australopithecus afarensis and plenty of Cro-Magnons and Neanderthals.

If every species around killed the species before it, life could not possibly exist for many reasons. If you want an obvious one think food chain, but there are reasons a lot more complex than that as well.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:54 PM

I wish i could remember all of his points.

Do the scientific world as a whole support macro evolution?
I think there are splits on certain issues of it.

Popeye my ie wasnt a thorough descrip of evolution.

Try and find that documentary anyway it is hopefully more persuasive than me.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have an urge to kill your grandmother?
If not, if you don't, who's going to do it?
You seem to have a vision of a ape giving birth to a mormon.

Why don't we kill gorilla's now? ( not that they are our ancestors).

At each stage of evolution ( which means each generation) our ancestor had siblings and cousins that were not going to be ancestors of humans ... why would our ancestor kill his brother or cousin?

luckyme
Old 09-15-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We didn't evolve from chimpanzees and gorlillas, they evolved along a different path, the common ancestor we did evolve from is likely extinct.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He states that Micro evolution does and is proven to exist but man evolving from a rock is just ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

if only there was a barrier that stopped micro-evolution from adding up to what we call macro-evolution.

if anyone would like to propose one...I'm sure there would be plenty of people willing to hear about it.

[ QUOTE ]
but all i can really think of now is that there is no missing link. WAIT!

[/ QUOTE ]

if we found the "missing link"...there would be 2 more to find [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]..and if we found those...you see where I'm going?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

errr...evolution is a branching...your "original apes" are NOT modern apes...they are the common ancestor of both humans and modern apes.

some modern apes may closely resemble that ancestor and give insight into that common ancestor...but they have had just as much time to evolve as humans have....the reason that they still resemble that modern ancestor is that they fill a particular niche...and they are evolved to exploit that niche to the best of their ability (actually, only to a better ability than their competitors)
Old 09-15-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do the scientific world as a whole support macro evolution?
I think there are splits on certain issues of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

certainly..but whether it happens (or had happened or can happen) is NOT one of the issues.