Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Well, Florida, how did the first day of NL/$5limit games treat you

Wasn't able to go....but I found out through a freind that did go , that Daytona chose NOT to spread the NL game. They want to wait until after the 'Meeting' that is scheduled for the end of the month that will give them guidlines to follow.

Anybody have a report on Melbourne or any others that are doing the same precaution? I saw that Best Bet was spreading NL. Wouldn't be surprised if Daytona was the only one in the dark!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 02:06 PM

Sorry I need to post a hand I saw in the 2-5 NL at HR. Short stack raises to $15 the guy who is catching everything and running like a Kenyan raised to $40 then Button calls. Short stack pushes for $95 more. Lucky donk calls and button repushes for $187 more. Lucky donk calls.

Short stack shows (QQ)
Lucky donk shows (AK)
Moron button shows (KJ) yes it was SOOOTEED

flop turn and river all low unsuited. QQ wins and AK still wins money almost $200. This guy was running so well he could lose a hand and still make money.

I was dying inside with laughter after seeing a repush with KJ suited.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:09 PM

I plan on stopping in the room in Melbourne this evening. I will be sure to post a list of games later tonight or first thing in the morning.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry I need to post a hand I saw in the 2-5 NL at HR. Short stack raises to $15 the guy who is catching everything and running like a Kenyan raised to $40 then Button calls. Short stack pushes for $95 more. Lucky donk calls and button repushes for $187 more. Lucky donk calls.

Short stack shows (QQ)
Lucky donk shows (AK)
Moron button shows (KJ) yes it was SOOOTEED

flop turn and river all low unsuited. QQ wins and AK still wins money almost $200. This guy was running so well he could lose a hand and still make money.

I was dying inside with laughter after seeing a repush with KJ suited.

[/ QUOTE ]

this isnt BBV... no hand posts in B&M please.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:22 PM

I just talked to Daytona again today. They say they are still awaiting "word" from their lawyers/and the State. Wow, they suck so bad, but whatever. What's the closest NL game from the Daytona area?
Old 07-02-2007, 02:45 PM

Anyone go get a first impression from Sarasota Kennel Club yet? Wanting to hear how things are being run there.

I was supremely disappointed when they announced that they were going to do $1/$2 $60 max and $2/$3 $100 max.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:50 PM

Daytona does not want n/l I believe. I have talked to management and they just dont have any answers. And our not willinng to find out
Old 07-02-2007, 05:43 PM

I went to Dania Beach Jai Alai during lunch today. Granted, it's a Monday around 12:30, but when I got there, they had 1 1/2 LIMIT game going and a list of 5 for a 1/2 NL game. That was it.

By 12:45 we were playing 6 handed 1/2 NL. By 1, the table filled with no list.

Since I work close by, I am going to stop by again after work. Hopefully they are running more tables. I was told that they had 9 NL games going yesterday, but I find that hard to believe.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:39 PM

Fishead, I join you in the list of losers, although I'm mostly a lurker.

I sat at table 1-9 at the Tampa HR for approximately 7 hours. Six hours in I was winning $130, and then I ran my KK into AA. Ten or twenty minutes later a CS called 60ish off before 5th when he caught a 2 outer and I got away.

I just wish I had run my bankroll up a little higher prior to this. I can't stand much of a downswing, even at 1-2!

Anyhow, it was pretty depressing after I drove approximately an hour to play there.

My table was probably the tightest table in the HR, although it still wasn't bad. There was one Derby dealer playing, 2 guys still drinking from the night before, two kids who knew just very slightly what they were doing (probably not enough to make them a winner though, certainly not online), and a rotating cast of various shortstackers, mostly old me, all of whom were terrible.

One guy tried to run me (due to really sick bad cards I was probably running 16/12) off of AA with like 25BBs.

Overall pretty juicy, just got cold decked or I'd have been a decent winner.

On a side note (Dozer), I have a group on http://grou.ps/ called "no limit" that I would be happy to dedicate to poker in Florida. It currently only has maybe one registered member besides me and I'm sure he won't mind.

Just sign up and get goin'!
Old 07-02-2007, 06:42 PM

I played at JCKC for about 5 hours at a $1/2 NL limit table. They were running that and a $3/5 limit table. Pretty much what I figured the play would be like, way too aggressive, but a decent sized raise usually cleared most of the limpers. One of the regulars there lost his buy in pretty early on and then rebought and went all in like 12 consecutive hands without looking at his cards. He probably dropped about $700-$800 in 2 hours. I kept folding hands like AT, KJ to him,Im just not going to flip a coin for $100.
Anyhow, they do have an hourly charge which killed me, it really punishes tight players. I'm a pretty tight player anyway and I wasn't getting cards so I seriously probably played 12-15 hands in 5 hours(including my blinds that didnt get raised). So all in all I dropped $60, or I paid JCKC $50 in rake($5 every half hour) and lost $10 playing cards. Its going to be real hard to beat that time charge unless you get some hands. You pretty much have to win atleast 1 decent pot/ hour to break even, let alone come out ahead. Pretty sick. It's definately juicy and there's plenty of money to be made if you can beat the house.