Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Phil Jackson is awesome

[ QUOTE ]
vhawk,

come on. You're smarter than that. Special interest groups aren't interested in equality or equal treatment. It's about protection and privileges.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Yeah I know, but dont they realize that there are a small subset of reasonably intelligent, non-bigoted people who would actually support them if they werent so [censored] stupid? I mean, I'm white and straight and (fairly) reasonable, I should be the target demo for these types of groups, but instead they preach to the choir and grandstand.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:06 PM

I'd like to quote this entire thread for truth.

The initial joke was maybe a generous C- at the time. His subsequent apology and the hysterical reaction from all the dimwits across the country upgrades it to a shiny A+. Bravo, Phil!
Old 11-16-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dont you think that it is a little warped when the president of the Gay and Lesbian alliance or whatever group it is goes into auto-attack dog, offended mode whenever anyone references gays in the media? Isnt that, like, you know, sort of EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH?

[/ QUOTE ]

How many gays aren't shrill little bitches?
Old 11-16-2007, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There was so much penetration and kickouts that I thought Kobe was gonna have to buy his wife another diamond ring .

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-16-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Phil Jackson should retire

He's become a very mediocre coach, basically just taking the money and hoping Kobe scores 60 so that the Lakers can win. He then has no reasonable explanation for why the Lakers lose when they lose and reverts to either apparently zenlike nothings, hoping his reputation will confuse the reporters, or ill-considered unfunny jokes like the one he used that night.

The NBA itself is a joke, so I supposed it doesn't matter.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: Phil Jackson should retire

[ QUOTE ]
He's become a very mediocre coach, basically just taking the money and hoping Kobe scores 60 so that the Lakers can win. He then has no reasonable explanation for why the Lakers lose when they lose and reverts to either apparently zenlike nothings, hoping his reputation will confuse the reporters, or ill-considered unfunny jokes like the one he used that night.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is not correct. He has had to deal with a slew of injuries to where his only option has been to let Kobe score a bajillion. Two years ago he was criticizing Kobe for this a lot, which led to a couple infamous games where Kobe took no shots and basically let the team try and win. Last year after walton and odom were out he didn't seem to care which was the correct move imo.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, you couldn't be more wrong

bitch moan count
Old 11-16-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bitch moan count

[/ QUOTE ]

apparently this is andyfox's MO just to come in and bitch about his teams being lazy and complacent - when they win, he's nowhere to be found.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bitch moan count

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, phil is a top notch coach. he gets nearly the max out of his team
Old 11-16-2007, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That being said, IT IS IN NO WAY OFFENSIVE TO HOMOSEXUALS. At all, not even a little bit. Dont you think that it is a little warped when the president of the Gay and Lesbian alliance or whatever group it is goes into auto-attack dog, offended mode whenever anyone references gays in the media? Isnt that, like, you know, sort of EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU ARE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH?

[/ QUOTE ]

you might be referencing a different head gay person than the one whose quote i saw on espn. but on the show, the response was something along the lines of, "phil has been coaching a long time. He shouldn't need to resort to making cheap gay jokes." seemed like just a regular statement to me, as in he/she didn't seem particularly offended but had to make a comment b/c of reporters blowing it up. perhaps in context it was confrontational than i am gathering. as far as what he/she was trying to accomplish, i'm not sure i understand what you mean. i think you mean picking real fights instead of non offensive stupid jokes that aren't funny, but from the language of the quote, i don't think he/she was doing any such thing.