Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2006, 03:45 AM

Default $400 PLO -- just messing with a hand here...worth my time?

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
7 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $224.75
UTG+1: $396
MP1: $31.85
CO: $611.40
Hero: $462
SB: $305.80
BB: $392

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $24</font>, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">MP1 raises all-in $31.85</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($105.55, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $105.55)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $102.55</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises all-in $364.15</font>, Hero calls.

Just kinda thinking here...I'm just raising this up cause I have the button and can do damage from here, but is it really worth it considering only one guy has over 150bb?

idk, random...

I'm pretty willing to gamble once I hit that kinda flop...obviously i'd rather have my fd to go with it, but I'm pretty sure once I bet I'm not going anywhere...
Old 10-13-2006, 09:26 AM

Default Re: $400 PLO -- just messing with a hand here...worth my time?

Really not sure that hand is worth a full PSB preflop, even from the button. If you're gonna raise it make it ~ 1/2 the pot, otherwise the pot is going to be too big to have any real ability to maneuvre postflop if you get more than one call. You have a good multiway hand but not one you particularly want to narrow the field down to.

Postflop is good. He will play back at you here with any set (for which you need 1.5-1, and you're getting ~ 2.2-1), any two pair, and any pair + draw. Your problem only really comes when he's playing back at you with a hand like 5678, in which case you need 3-1, but that doesn't happen often enough for you to be overly worried about it.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:30 AM

don't like preflop. I agree that a 1/2 pot bet or probably a limp are better in a short stacked structure. Deep stacked like 200bb+ and you can make a case for a deceptive raise. Postflop is fine. I like betting as you increse your chances of beating the allin player and if he has an overpair he may pass. Once you bet you have to call. Basically the stacks are too short for him to make you make a mistake by calling now and even if he has a set you should still call. These situations come up all the time so don't be super upset at yourself when you lose them.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:11 PM

i agree here that pf is iffy when your not 200+deep.

post flop is sexy.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:12 PM

werd, just kinda checking.

Im playing around 35% of my hands now and it's bringing up lots of diff. situations, lol.

- Jordan
Old 10-13-2006, 05:01 PM

after three limpers i am more likely to just limp here with my suited ace but raising is ok just prepared to gamble-o-rama in spots like this. flop looks good to me.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:45 PM

Postflop is whatever, full pot gives you more opportunies to play HU, little raise creates family pot. Booth have advantages, easier to take it down HU on flop, when you hit a monster you will often get ppl to chase or try to fliping a dominated hand vs you.

Postflop many player will just lead out monsters to protect when a player is allinn and there is fewer reason for you to bet a hand. Thats why I booth like and dislike your bet. Other bigstack will often fold, but we have a player allinn and still need to hit. So mostly i would check behind. Potting is good for crazy image and u obvs have to call ai.

- B
Old 10-14-2006, 03:51 PM

Preflop is easy raise. Obviously you are raising a lot stuff from button after couple limpers so aces, especially with this good other cards obviously belongs to that range.

Flop bet is ok.. However you basicly have no real hand so you are bluffing an empty side pot and smallish main pot, so if you check flop behind it makes the hand whole lot easier to play and you can get money in with much better equity on turn or just fold it if terrible card comes and your opponent bets out. So it's close if you bet or check, I tend to mix it up in spots like this just based on who im against and how my table image is etc.
I think you need to call the raise now that you potted the flop, even tho you can be in pretty bad shape against some wraps. However id guess most players at 2 4 are more likely to make this raise with set or two pair then a straight draw.