Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 01:56 AM

Default Can i get some insight 10nl

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

CO ($4.14)
Button ($10.77)
SB ($3.65)
Hero ($8.79)
UTG ($5.56)
MP ($13.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.05, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.05, Button calls $0.05, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $0.75</font>, CO folds, Button calls $0.70, SB folds, Hero calls $0.35.

Flop: ($2.35) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4.81</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $4.51.

Turn: ($11.97) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($11.97) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $11.97
Old 09-20-2007, 02:02 AM

Default Re: Can i get some insight 10nl

Preflop just check. You're clearly getting 3 or 4 calls and your hand is only good if you flop a set, so don't throw money away like that. Check the flop and fold to a bet, you basically have a gutshot here.

this is full ring, yes?

Edit: lol I didn't actually look at how many people were at this table, I just saaw that there were like 4 callers and assumed..... I am an idiot, plz ban me for a day, lol
Old 09-20-2007, 02:05 AM

Your flop lead out was disastrous, and even more disastrous was the call. I would fold the flop. In this case you were looking to flop something big, and the draw that you flopped is not powerful. If you plan on taking the flop by leading out, throw out a bet like you mean it.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:16 AM

This is sickening!

You are OOP with a small pair. Why raise? All you need is one caller and you are [censored] on the flop.

pathetic flop bet and call the reraise all in
Old 09-20-2007, 02:45 AM

Wow relax ppl, all trying to learn here.

I actually have no problem with the preflop raise, and calling UTG limp/minraise is fine esp since button called. So you're in a multiway reraised pot and UTG has initiative. So if you hit the flop great, if you don't give up. The flop is pretty good for your hand, and I would lead here for 1.8 or so - this is a good size imo because it gives you odds to call a shove from UTG, and allows you to fold if UTG folds but button shoves.

But, if both UTG and Button shove then I think you're in a tough spot with the flush draw on board - folding or calling can be correct here imo.

As played you really don't have the odds to call UTG's shove because you didn't price yourself in with your flop bet.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:11 AM

I dont like raising PF w 5s on the BB, Im better just checking it in a multiway pot, and hope to catch your set.
As played, your flop bet is awfully weak, but I probably just check it, it seems to be a good flop for u but it really isnt. Not really sure what buttons minraise meant PF, but I just c/f this flop. With 5s in a multiway pot you want to flop your set, if not give it up. You have an open ended straight draw, but to the idiot straight, therefore we could be drawing dead to a straight (obv with a runner runner boat we win), so I wouldnt lead it.
Awful call of his bet, just go with the odds, and theyre not even close in this one.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:15 AM

Wow pf is not good. Just check and try to flop a set.

The flop bet is gross. Just check and see what happens.
From now on it depends on reads. Did you only see villian minraise pf with good hands? If this is the case you do not have much equity I think. So a fold on the flop is best.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:22 AM

Please explain to me why he shouldn't be raising pf. If I get 5's in the BB and 3 limp in front as long as they have full stacks I'm raising every time. I want to build a pot to hit my set and trap dead money or narrow the field so I can cbet comfortably. Flop is easy c/f, but I mean I raise that pf every time.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:27 AM

margrades,

i'm very new to NL but from what i've learned:

You dont raise anything but very good cards from the blinds in this situation. its because a hand like 55, is terrible aganst a field of this many people. the only time it will be good is when you flop a set. Also, you are out of position, this is very, very important. Position means everything.

the button is the most profitable pos of all, the closer you are to it, the more you raise.

so after you've raised and are first to act, i think a bet is fine, but you want to bet 1/2 2/3 of the pot size. .30c is very low and shows lots of weakness, + you are giving your hand close to zero value.

and the call is bad, its a fold =(.

here is a lot of material to help improve your game.

http://www.pr0crast.com/2+2.NL.Anthology.v1.htm

i hope i havnt mislead you, hope this helps.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please explain to me why he shouldn't be raising pf. If I get 5's in the BB and 3 limp in front as long as they have full stacks I'm raising every time. I want to build a pot to hit my set and trap dead money or narrow the field so I can cbet comfortably. Flop is easy c/f, but I mean I raise that pf every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

because you are an underdog. you are hoping to hit your monster. you shouldnt raise when you are behind. you are also in the 2nd worst pos IF you hit your monster.

you dont want to get in big pots oop anyway.