Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Bellagio 10-20NL

[ QUOTE ]
I believe his 4 hour comment wasn't about the length he plans on playing it, but that he has 4 hours at work left today, so he needs something to fill his Friday (one of the reasons I am replying!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I got a few hours left here. If I have less than 4 hours to play then I just screw around at a 2-5 game anyways.

It's amusing, I've asked about the 10-20 game before at B and I've gotten a different response every time about it. I guess I could always just go and sit down and see whats up when I'm there, I just don't want to look like a fool if I sit down with a ultra short stack. Plus I know those uncapped games can play differently based on who's sitting down with what.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:19 PM

When you come back will you give a TR or at least what's up w/ it?

TIA.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:51 PM

It's a hit-or-miss game from my limited experience. It usually plays fairly deep (5K+ stacks are common) but who cares if you buy in short? Better to buy in kind of short and see how it's going that day and then add on later if you want to play deeper against that day's lineup than to buy in deep and find yourself in over your head with no way to play an easier (i.e. shorter) stack.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:32 AM

Who cares about "looking like a fool?" Presumably you are playing to make money...if everyone else has $20k and you sit down with $2k in many cases you will be in great shape. If the money is a big deal, double up and leave.
Old 12-01-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a hit-or-miss game from my limited experience. It usually plays fairly deep (5K+ stacks are common) but who cares if you buy in short? Better to buy in kind of short and see how it's going that day and then add on later if you want to play deeper against that day's lineup than to buy in deep and find yourself in over your head with no way to play an easier (i.e. shorter) stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, guess you're looking at it half full while I'm looking at it half empty.