Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Uncomfortable AA spot in the Nightly 100k

I'd call if the board bottom pairs, but I'll probably just let it go if not. Hard for him to show up with an air-bluff here, people don't like to turn made hands into bluffs ect. ect. I'm kind of tempted to just fold the turn here actually, I probably wouldn't in a donkament tho.

Curtains this deep I think people c/c the flop with pair + oesd alot more than CR, which makes this a fold to a real sized-CR and a solid bet imo.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i call and re-eval on turn. i don't really know what raises so small on the flop after limp/calling. QJ? JT?

i'm probably not folding to a bet on half the turn cards

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all this. And whatever you do DON'T EVER check this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess Im the only one here who thinks checking the flop is okay.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think its fine and almost did it. Mainly because I dont expect to get 3 streets of value when ahead, and I expect to get stacked or lose a large pot when behind. The pot control I get if I see a turn card and his following action is a v strong argument for checking flop.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd call if the board bottom pairs, but I'll probably just let it go if not. Hard for him to show up with an air-bluff here, people don't like to turn made hands into bluffs ect. ect. I'm kind of tempted to just fold the turn here actually, I probably wouldn't in a donkament tho.

Curtains this deep I think people c/c the flop with pair + oesd alot more than CR, which makes this a fold to a real sized-CR and a solid bet imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this is basically what im talking about, if nothing changes and we're folding river why did we stick in 620 on the turn? The decision must be made there.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:18 PM

No, his bluffing frequency is much lower on the river, once you've called the turn and shown strength AND he can no longer semi-bluff, than on the turn. You don't have to make your decision there, there's alot of opponents (and I think this one just qualifies) against who it's correct to call the turn and fold the river.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah this is basically what im talking about, if nothing changes and we're folding river why did we stick in 620 on the turn? The decision must be made there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah, options 1 and 2 change little so if we are here - call. But option three makes the board much scarier. On a simple level, your average donkameter is unlikely to shove onepair on a Q, 10 or 7 river. They'll just check, call a lot. But equally, they'll have a moment of madness with a set or twopair and be like: "oh noes!!"; AND STILL SHOVE.

Ultimately, I think we are unlikely to be good often enough on river three. But on the other two we can call and be shocked at the hands we beat.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:28 PM

River pairing bottom pair is miles ahead of a blank coming out. 2pr is a good chunk of his range.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:36 PM

warning retardo line post:i think bet/call and re-eval turn is my default play but what about a MIN RERAISE this will prolly make u lol but i was thinking bout it and i feel like u frquently will be in a spot where u call most turns and then are in a [censored] pot on the river when he triple barrels all in if the board rags off on turn and river u have to put kj,aj and a bunch of semi bluff hands he coulda got to the river with so ur spot sux also u have to incorrectly folds some turns.but lets say u min reraise i think it really polarizes his range if he reraises u have easy fold for small investment when he just calls (which he will do with even 2 pair sometimes and a str8 and a bunch of other hands) he will usually check the turn and u can check behind and on the river if he checks and board isnt to scary u can vbet or if he bets its an easy call as long as board isnt to bad. this line is retarded and i dont use it was just thinking bout it makes ur hand very easy to play what do u think?
Old 10-24-2007, 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Baltostar, I've rewritten your last post to make sure there's no confusion about what you're trying to say.

[ QUOTE ]
I like to bet a lot so he knows I have AA. I could write "AA" in the chat, but some sites discourage that, plus he might not believe me anyways. My plan for the rest of the hand is this:

1. If he raises, fold if he has 2pair or a set, get all in if he has a draw.
2. If he calls with a draw, bet the turn.
3. If he calls with a monster, exercise pot control.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy game...

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yea thats exactly what he said lol