Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2006, 12:40 AM

Default Booking a win

This is a big problem I have.

I will play no more than 800 hands if I am already up 2-3 buyins for the day. I become a pussy and think that all that I made will be loss if I keep playing. Well this method of booking a win after 2-4 buyins a day has allowed me to have only 6-7 losing days in the past 2 months. Although I have been progressing up the limits pretty well within past 2 months as well. But it has also not allowed me to hit nice upswings that I would have hit if only I kept playing.

The big problem is when I lose. I will play ungodly amounts of hours just to make it back, and that has been me logging in up to 10 000 hand days playing at 90% of my full potential which is -EV.

I have a hard time playing hours and not results. I would like to just put in a certain amount of hours whether I am winning or losing and STOPPING when I lose too much.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Booking a win

i have exactly the same problem as you and made a similar post to it in the mid-stakes forum: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1

What are your win% and winrate stats (if you use PT).

The solution to this is when winning, keep playing with the attitude that it is +EV and you are winning and playing good so its even higher +EV.

As for losing, this is where it is difficult, when i'm losing i hate to log a loss so i keep playing until i break even (and then i stop usually) or play until the loss is so bad im devastated and go to sleep =)
Old 04-26-2006, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Booking a win

Thanks

This is what I've been trying to do lately. Just keep plowing through even though im winning.

Last night was a first time for me. I hit a tilt session that made me lose 5 buyins right off the bat. Normally I would keep playing all night to make whatever I could back but managed to stop myself.

But yeah, seems like a good idea to keep playing with that attitude.