call 31 24.80%
push 62 49.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2006, 12:18 PM
mute mute is offline

Location: Denmark
Default Re: Net

I doubt, that I can improve much on this:

Old 11-23-2006, 12:53 PM
RoundTower RoundTower is offline

Location: pushing YOU off the second nuts

Doctor seems ridiculously hard, do you really not get points for it? I doubt I can improve much on this. Note the number of turns taken.

Old 11-23-2006, 02:56 PM
durron597 durron597 is offline

Location: Folding

man, i just did it in what would have been 5:06 less one move if i hadn't made a mistake without realizing it, blah
Old 11-23-2006, 06:45 PM
RoundTower RoundTower is offline

Location: pushing YOU off the second nuts

OK I'm pretty sure now it is scored out of 1 million and probably you need to do it in 0 seconds to get a million. Also based on chuck's result I'm not sure if doing it in under the min number of turns gets you a bonus.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:00 AM
durron597 durron597 is offline

Location: Folding

so i guess under 4 minutes = 1 million?

Old 11-24-2006, 07:43 AM
soah soah is offline

Location: Las Vegas

101/101 in 8:31 on Doctor.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:56 AM
chuckleslovakian chuckleslovakian is offline

Location: Saving Sinners

woot 1 mil
Old 11-24-2006, 05:56 PM
durron597 durron597 is offline

Location: Folding

woot chucklespwnd

Old 11-24-2006, 05:57 PM

BTW, I emailed the guy who wrote the game to get the scoring math:

> I was wondering why your "Net" flash game doesn't give bonus points
> for solving it with wrap... much harder!

The idea was that you try to get higher score within the category
(kid...master). Although you could get better score easily with nowrap,
you'd be in one category lower.

> Still questing to break
> 1,000,000 points... what algorithm does the scoring use? Thanks!

The formula is the following:

TimeBonus = [seconds spent to solve puzzle]/[minimum turns];
If TimeBonus<1, then TimeBonus=1
(so, the more seconds spent, the higher the number)
TimeBonus = 500000/TimeBonus
(so, the maximum TimeBonus is 500000. The theoretical, but unrealistic,
minimum - zero)

TurnBonus = [number or turns made]-[minimum turns];
If TurnBonus<0, then TurnBonus=0 (no bonus is given for "beating" minimum
turns - it's more like glitch than shows smartness of player)
(so, the more "extra" turns made, the higher the number)
TurnBonus = 500000/(TurnBonus+1);
(so, tha maximum TurnBonus is 500000. If you are just one turn beyond the
minimum, you are penalized big time - the TurnBonus is 250000)

TotalBonus = (TurnBonus + TimeBonus) X [Total number of tiles] / 100
(so, the greater board you play, the larger the score)

There is another version (next) of the game in development, but I haven't
finished it and haven't touched it for about 3 years. Just no time. So,
maybe in future there will be one. It has scoring completely redone.

Pavils
Old 11-25-2006, 10:31 AM
soah soah is offline

Location: Las Vegas