Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2006, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Ask me Tien anything thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he rarely ever 3bets me I may call with JJ here and dump a lot of small pocket pairs if I am not given the odds to call. Sometimes I will call loosely in this spot because I have position on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you play that jj post-flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

These questions are really tough. I have to assume many many variables to be the same which they never are. Board texture, table dynamics, villain's emotional state, what my opponent's reads on me are.

I may call a bet here if I think I have him beat or I may ditch the hand.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for doing this Tien!

I were wondering how you would recommend lowlimit players to go about getting better, percentage wise how would you devote the poker time to playing, reading forums, posting hands, analyzing your play, discussing with other players, etc.

How much do you think it helps sweating other players over Ventrilo or something and being sweated, is that very worthwhile?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is never enough time if you want to improve in this game. Every hour not focusing on poker is an hour you are not improving.

They asked Newton how he came about postulating all of his laws and theories, he replied "by thinking of nothing else".

This applies to whatever you want to be successful in. Do everything you mentioned to most you can.

Being sweated? If you are constantly analyzing hands and thinking about ways to improve, plays to use and copy, styles to observe, than of course it helps to sweat people.

Im not sure if thats exactly what you want to hear, but that's how I feel your question should be answered.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hehe, I think I phrased this question a bit weird, sorry about that :P

What I meant was that everyone cant "do" poker all day long, so say I have about 4 hours a day to learn poker, how should I schedule this best. Splitting my time between reading 2+2, reviewing play, playing, discussing, etc. Just wanted to know how much one should study compared to how much one should play.

Gah! guess this question become kinda vague, but meh, just would like your opinion on this as some say one should study waaaaay more than you play when you start out while others say that doing is learning.
Old 11-17-2006, 12:34 AM

Doing IS learning. You can only study so much but you have to play.

Maybe a 2:1 or 3:1 ratio of playing : studying seems good to me. Don't waste studying time either. You get as much as you put in.