Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2006, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Whats your method of moving up limits

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't attack anyone. I just pointed out he wrong.

As for calldowns, I have no idea what you're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had more experience at .50/1.00 you'd understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't speak for the .5/1 to 1/2 jump much because i did that about 2 years ago. but i don't remember it being a big jump. i remember 1/2 to 2/4 being a big jump for me. 5/10 and 10/20 full to 15/30 full was a HUGE jump for me. 5/10 6-max to 10/20 is a huge jump for most but i ran super hot when i moved up so i was ok. overall i think the biggest jump for me has been 20/40 to 30/60. the games get much tighter, much tougher, and much more aggressive
Old 04-13-2006, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Whats your method of moving up limits

Just do whats comfortable. I play for a living but my problem is that I cash out my account a lot/a good % of my bankroll which is bad and good. I say bad cause if I run bad (which I havent gone completley broke yet but very close) then you'll have to deposit again (stupid by me). But I like it cause ive been playing the $.50/$1 limits for about 10 months now when I know I couldve moved up in limits by now had I just gotten a job and built up my roll (hence the job this summer, lol, anyways) I just feel comfortable in these lower limits and I feel like these players are too weak so I can beat this game. Ive also went up limits before to see what its like. Granted you win more, but you also lose more. Let me tell you how mentally tough it is to lose a $400 pot when your set of 8s loses to runner, runner flush cards. For me, its hard to recover fromt this. As far as bankroll to limit is concerned, I go by the Chris Ferguson rule of thumb. Never risk more than 10% of your roll at one table. So for example if I have $600 in my online account, I'll play 2-4 tables of .25/.50 ($50 max buy in) cause if I go broke in one game, I will only be risking 10%.