Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Official NE Patriots gogogogo to the SB thread

Which I somewhat agree with but you are being very naive if you think the only reason he accepted the trade and pay-cut was to win. The finical implications were also very tempting. Basically, it was a win/win. He got more money than he would have staying in Oakland and he gets to have fun/win.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
THERE IS NO NEED TO QUOTE TEN [censored] LONG POSTS TO MAKE THE SAME POINT YOU MADE FIVE POSTS AGO

"The point is Moss came here mainly because he wanted to win, not because he wanted a huge contract."

you know this how exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he has said this many times, and his actions back up his words.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's said it... so what? i think it might very well be true, but lots of athletes say this while their teams are winning, or in their FA years, or when things are going smoothly. we won't actually know until contract time, and there's a very decent chance that even if he feels this way now, someone else will give him 20 million reasons to feel differently.

how do his actions really back it up? because he's acting happy to be here? well no [censored], i'd be happy to be here too, my all-world QB is throwing me fades in the end zone when we're up 4 scores and i've got 3 TDs already. tom brady could join the KKK tomorrow and randy moss would help him put on his robes.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he's said it... so what? i think it might very well be true, but lots of athletes say this while their teams are winning, or in their FA years, or when things are going smoothly. we won't actually know until contract time, and there's a very decent chance that even if he feels this way now, someone else will give him 20 million reasons to feel differently.

how do his actions really back it up? because he's acting happy to be here? well no [censored], i'd be happy to be here too, my all-world QB is throwing me fades in the end zone when we're up 4 scores and i've got 3 TDs already. tom brady could join the KKK tomorrow and randy moss would help him put on his robes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's see, Moss quit on his teams because they weren't winning. This didn't happen just once, it happened twice. He has said he doesn't care if he catches 0 passes as long as they win.

I would love to place a sidebet with you that if a horrible team offers him over 10 mil a year, Moss will decline it. We can define horrible team as a team with a top 8 pick in this years draft. Deal?
Old 11-21-2007, 12:43 AM

i am not saying moss won't resign at a decent rate. i'm saying there is really no way to know whether he will continue to be a model citizen or not, and saying it with such utter confidence is ridiculous. the fact that he has quit on bad teams in the past gives us a nice reason to believe he'll keep on the right path here, but it's no guarantee. and who says a perennial contender won't offer him a big deal? you can't say he's going to be back for 4-6 mill a year when teams like green bay or SD would be lining up to pay him quite a bit more.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:45 AM

Again, you're making the same mistake in assuming that the SOLE reason he accepted the trade/paycut was to win. Just because he says as much to the media, doesn't make it necessarily true. Now it's possible he signs a deal for 7-10 per with the Pats next year and passes up a richer contract from a worse team but this that would still be alot more money than he would have made if he stayed in Oakland.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i am not saying moss won't resign at a decent rate. i'm saying there is really no way to know whether he will continue to be a model citizen or not, and saying it with such utter confidence is ridiculous. the fact that he has quit on bad teams in the past gives us a nice reason to believe he'll keep on the right path here, but it's no guarantee. and who says a perennial contender won't offer him a big deal? you can't say he's going to be back for 4-6 mill a year when teams like green bay or SD would be lining up to pay him quite a bit more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I said in one of my reasons in the first pos that the only way I see Moss leaving is if a winning team like GB/Colts offered him a big contract.

I never said anything was a guarentee, nothing in life is. But people coming on here acting like there is a 50/50 chance of him leaving the Patriots after this season is ridiculous.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, you're making the same mistake in assuming that the SOLE reason he accepted the trade/paycut was to win. Just because he says as much to the media, doesn't make it necessarily true. Now it's possible he signs a deal for 7-10 per with the Pats next year and passes up a richer contract from a worse team but this that would still be alot more money than he would have made if he stayed in Oakland.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it was the ONLY reason. However it is clearly by far the MAIN reason. And I can 99 percent guarentee you if Moss leaves, it will not be because he went to a team that was horrible who offered him more money than anyone else.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, they could probably beat the Dolphins with Gostkowski at QB and Wilfork at tailback.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to see the pointspread on that one.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I said in one of my reasons in the first pos that the only way I see Moss leaving is if a winning team like GB/Colts offered him a big contract.

[/ QUOTE ]

here's what you said:

[ QUOTE ]

The only chance that Moss leaves is if there is some drastic falling out between him and the Patriots which is highly doubtful. Excpect Moss to be re-signed to like a 3-4 year contract worth like 4-6 mil per year.

[/ QUOTE ]

after that you argued three or four times that if moss really cared about the money he would just wait it out in oakland, ignoring the fact that a huge year in NE would probably get him a bigger payday overall.

[ QUOTE ]

I never said it was the ONLY reason. However it is clearly by far the MAIN reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

You. have. no. way. of. knowing. this. at. all.

I'm sure it's nice to think that but athletes pull PR moves all the time.