Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Official NE Patriots gogogogo to the SB thread

[ QUOTE ]
Weakest win of the season tonight. Didn't get to watch any of it, but 34-17 against the Browns doesn't really cut it. Moss didn't break 50 yards, I don't know how they're going to do at the Cowboys.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a cowboys fan, I just hope Adalius sits out one game. He can come back 2 weeks later [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Weakest win of the season tonight. Didn't get to watch any of it, but 34-17 against the Browns doesn't really cut it. Moss didn't break 50 yards, I don't know how they're going to do at the Cowboys.

[/ QUOTE ]

they were playing everything close to the vest today. not looking to get anybody hurt or turn the ball over, trying some different stuff. brady didn't look his best, other than that people were pretty good.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:42 PM

I'm not really too bothered at Moroney being out atall tbh, I think I'm in love with Sammy Morris - he is a [censored] bull.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Weakest win of the season tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you realize how dominant they'd have had to be for it NOT to be the weakest win of the season? It just gives Belichick more to keep everybody motivated.

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't get to watch any of it, but 34-17 against the Browns doesn't really cut it.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't get to watch any of it, but 34-17 against the Browns doesn't really cut it.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

19-0 is a tough enough goal. We don't need to strive for 19 blowouts - 0.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

19-0 is a tough enough goal. We don't need to strive for 19 blowouts - 0.

[/ QUOTE ]

well they need to win this coinflip coming up before even dreaming of 19-0
Old 10-08-2007, 02:30 PM

yesterday was the sloppiest they have looked all year. I was at the game (back corner, absolute last row [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) so some things I had trouble seeing.

Brady missed some open guys, and there were a couple drops. The Browns were able to move the ball, but Anderson made some bad throws, and paid for all of them.

on the flip side, games after road Monday night games are always tough (Dallas will be in this same situation next week btw). every team has sloppy weeks, I'm just happy we can do it vs an average team and still win by 17 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

next week @ Dallas is obviously a tough game, one of the hardest on the schedule (then again, I thought the same about @ NYJ and home vs SD). I think we'll be a moderate favorite, and the guys will come out and play better than they did this week.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:27 AM

This Dallas game is just what the Doctor ordered, glad Dallas pulled it out and remained unbeaten.

The Patriots are kind of fighting boredom right now. They are good and they know they are good so it's hard for them to really get up for these games. Yet they still won by 17 points. But this week there will be a fair amount of hype and the players will eat that up.

Same for the fans. I've had a hard time getting excited for any of these games after the first two. Next Sunday should be fun.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hahaa so awesome, i bet the pats -16.5

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured the game ATS was over and started to make dinner only to hear the ruccus. Giddee up

[/ QUOTE ]

I was listening to the game on Sirius and it was great when the announcers started talking about how it was the first game that the Pats scored under 30, "unless a pick or fumble gets returned here." Cue Randal Gay, weeeeeeeeeeee.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:57 PM

Solid win yesterday. I thought Dallas tested our defense better than anyone else had – that is a good offense. Other quick thoughts:

The run defense should improve a lot with Richard Seymour. The weaker DL will be replaced with the strongest, this will really give opponents trouble, as their won’t be anywhere on the line to attack. Green should continue to play in pass rushing situations, he is great in this role, and will be even more effective if he’s fresher.

That said, I hope he does come back soon. There were rumors that he had a serious injury and might be out for the season. We’ll see if that’s true.

2 other guys eligible to come back are Troy Brown and Chad Jackson. My guess is that Jackson is placed on the IR (see you in 08) and Troy Brown is added as 4th WR.

Hopefully Maroney and/or Morris will be back next week. We had to play the whole 2nd half with only Kevin Faulk, which hurt. Also losing Watson meant Marcellus Rivers got real playing time.

If there is a weakness on this team (as has been discussed on FO) it’s TE defense. We’ve been burned by a few of them, including Gates, Witten, Winslow, etc. Sadly, it looks like this may be on Rodney. Not sure what the solution is here.

Finally, I thought the last TD was running up the score, and was a clear “[censored] you” at Wade Wilson for his “black mark” comment. Belichick takes comments like that personally.