Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 10:08 PM

Default Strange reactions to popular foods

I have two, one I just found out about.

Jello, in any form, makes me immediately gag. If I don't try hard enough to keep it back, I throw up within 10 seconds of the Jello getting past my teeth. Jello shots are hard, but if they're the only thing available I can throw them back without them breaking down. Its the "breaking down" that's actually the trigger, where the big Jello piece breaks down into smaller Jello pieces without actually processing.

I'm on a strict diet, pretty straight up about no sugar. My GF packed a day's worth of meals and one of them was cottage cheese and strawberries and a Tbsp of Splenda, and for some reason it all made me very queasy and generally just tasted gross, but it was all I had so I shoved it back. Tonight we had a crab dish that also used Splenda. Turns out that [censored] makes me sick.

Wierd, I really have no idea where it comes from, and I have a pretty strong stomache. Anything for you?

-Jihad
Old 08-01-2007, 10:10 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost
Default Re: Strange reactions to popular foods

I have the same reaction to eggs as you do to jello. I'm OK if they are baked/whipped into something, but I just can't stand the smell of them (even non-rotten ones) and the absolute worst is having to clean out a pan wherein eggs have been cooked. I have no idea why I'm like this; everyone else in my family eats (and seemingly enjoys) eggs.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:12 PM

when Im on a strict low carb diet, anything sweet makes me sick, except sugar free jello, and diet soda. Sour cream makes me gag instantly no matter what
Old 08-01-2007, 10:14 PM

I've told this story before, but I really, really, really, really hate ketchup. I used to like it, like any normal kid, till I was in 1st grade and this kid I sat with at lunch would absolutely drench everything in ketchup. Fries, chicken nuggets, sandwiches/burgers, pizza, everything. Just absolutely drenched, so disgusting. Turned me off of it forever. I literally won't eat fries if they have even been on the same plate with ketchup.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:15 PM

Anything with cocktail sauce makes me instantly want to yack, although I'm not sure how popular of a food that is.

Gummy bears worms whatever are so disgusting, I can't even touch them.

Plain eggs (ie with no cheese, meat, veggies) make me gag.

I also thought that steak was atrocious until age 11 or 12.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anything with cocktail sauce makes me instantly want to yack, although I'm not sure how popular of a food that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly enough, I do like cocktail sauce with shrimp, even though its primary ingredient is ketchup.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:20 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
I've told this story before, but I really, really, really, really hate ketchup. I used to like it, like any normal kid, till I was in 1st grade and this kid I sat with at lunch would absolutely drench everything in ketchup. Fries, chicken nuggets, sandwiches/burgers, pizza, everything. Just absolutely drenched, so disgusting. Turned me off of it forever. I literally won't eat fries if they have even been on the same plate with ketchup.

[/ QUOTE ]

NC17 -- you are not allowed to eat catsup if you are over 17 years of age. It is a hot dog law.

That said, I'm not fond of condiments for the most part, with the exception of barbecue sauce.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That said, I'm not fond of condiments for the most part, with the exception of barbecue sauce.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are foods I eat only as a way to get the condiments to my mouth. I LOVE condiments.