Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: Ask me about being a professional psychic

do you enjoy scamming old fat chicks?
Old 08-01-2007, 11:41 PM

in your future i see you maybe learning how to use the quote function, maybe, do I?
Old 08-01-2007, 11:42 PM

Stop being so general! We're trying to paint a picture of a psychic conversation here :P. I think you're just vague because that's the way you are, but I think this is an interesting topic and you need to just let the details fly.

From your answer to my first question, it sounds like this really isn't what I deem "psychic". It almost is more akin to therapy...just sending positive vibes to people under the guise of psychic readings. Ask me threads are awesome when the OP really gets into personal experiences and stories.

I want examples of screw ups, get specific. Like, were you all "you're chinese aren't you" and she's all "que?". Ever been so lost where they just end up hanging up without you gaining their trust back? Or you just end up sitting quietly on the line because you have no idea what to say?

And lastly, do you have any online links to articles or anything? I'm interested at this very moment, and I"m not about to run to the book store ;o
Old 08-01-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in your future i see you maybe learning how to use the quote function, maybe, do I?

Probably not

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-01-2007, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want examples of screw ups, get specific. Like, were you all "you're chinese aren't you" and she's all "que?"

Stop being so general! We're trying to paint a picture of a psychic conversation here :P

From your answer to my first question, it sounds like this really isn't what I deem "psychic". It almost is more akin to therapy...just sending positive vibes to people under the guise of psychic readings.

And lastly, do you have any online links to articles or anything? I'm interested at this very moment, and I"m not about to run to the book store ;o

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha ok, a specific example. A guy said he was waiting for something to do with his wife, and that they were both nervous about it, I told him that I know buying a new house can be intimidating but with careful planning everything will work out. Turned out his wife was pregnant and they bought their house like 10 years ago. That was pretty hard to backtrack from.

Regarding therapy vs. "psychic", it's both depending on the person. about 1/2 the people just want to be wowed by you knowing about their lives, they're the easiest to deal with. They just want you to make lucky guesses and blow 'em away. The other 1/2 want advice in a specific situation, and that's more the positive vibe deal.

Start here to learn about cold reading http://skepdic.com/coldread.html, the article is meh, but the links at the bottom are very good.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop being so general! We're trying to paint a picture of a psychic conversation here :P. I think you're just vague because that's the way you are, but I think this is an interesting topic and you need to just let the details fly.

From your answer to my first question, it sounds like this really isn't what I deem "psychic". It almost is more akin to therapy...just sending positive vibes to people under the guise of psychic readings. Ask me threads are awesome when the OP really gets into personal experiences and stories.

I want examples of screw ups, get specific. Like, were you all "you're chinese aren't you" and she's all "que?". Ever been so lost where they just end up hanging up without you gaining their trust back? Or you just end up sitting quietly on the line because you have no idea what to say?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha you changed your post, so anyway ,I'll try to be more specific. And yes, in the beginning there were a few instances where I just kind of sat there lost, and there was one where I even hung up. A woman was asking me about a guy in her life, but she was being really vague. I didn't really know everything I needed to pull the details out of her. I would sort of half ask questions, like "So you're in close quarters with this man a lot?" "You don't see him as much as you'd like to?" "Sometimes it's hard to know his feelings towards you?". Well finally I made a wild stab and told her that although this guy is quiet and reserved, he's been thinking about her in a more romantic way then their past relationship would suggest. But she'll have to be the one to make the first move. Her response was an icy "So you're telling me to make a move on my dad?". I was so shocked I slammed the phone down [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha you changed your post, so anyway ,I'll try to be more specific. And yes, in the beginning there were a few instances where I just kind of sat there lost, and there was one where I even hung up. A woman was asking me about a guy in her life, but she was being really vague. I didn't really know everything I needed to pull the details out of her. I would sort of half ask questions, like "So you're in close quarters with this man a lot?" "You don't see him as much as you'd like to?" "Sometimes it's hard to know his feelings towards you?". Well finally I made a wild stab and told her that although this guy is quiet and reserved, he's been thinking about her in a more romantic way then their past relationship would suggest. But she'll have to be the one to make the first move. Her response was an icy "So you're telling me to make a move on my dad?". I was so shocked I slammed the phone down [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent! Thanks, that's exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. I think it's hillarious that you hung up lol. Checking out the link now
Old 08-02-2007, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHH.....that is great.

what kind of percentage do they take from you?
Old 08-02-2007, 12:06 AM

More stories please, that's really awesome.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHH.....that is great.

what kind of percentage do they take from you?

[/ QUOTE ]

They take about a third, which is kind of a lot, but I also don't have to worry about getting clients or anything so it's a trade off.

I'll be around to answer questions for another 20-30 minutes, so get 'em in now.