Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 10:52 AM

Default 10nl: spew or good bluff?

villains first hand at the table

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

UTG ($10.25)
MP ($10.40)
CO ($7.40)
Button ($11.65)
Hero ($10)
BB ($10)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.3</font>, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.60) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.45</font>, BB calls $0.45.

Turn: ($1.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.25</font>, BB calls $1.25.

River: ($4) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5
Old 10-25-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: 10nl: spew or good bluff?

What hand are you representing here? AQ with the Q of clubs? AA? I usually don't like bluffing randoms without knowing they can lay down hands. However, him just calling the turn makes me think he doesn't have a strong flush/flush at all, and wants to see a cheap showdown with his A or like 10c. Triple barreling the river represents either the nut flush or something better, so imo it'll be hard for him to call without the Qc or better (which it's doubtful he has given his play).
Old 10-25-2007, 11:14 AM

This is just bad. He's not folding a king here, most likely not folding a flush (this is the micros, they'll call w/the 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] a lot). Just c/f the turn, especially against an unknown. Hell, he might even call you down with an ace w/better kicker, who knows.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:17 AM

I dont like this at all, ive tried this and been called by 7c and worse before.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:22 AM

It's been said before, (and I don't want to come off as patronising) but 10NL can be beaten easily without ever bluffing (beyond c-betting). Just valuebet strong with good hands and let the bottom pairs and gutshots pay you off.

Bluffing only works against thinking players who actually conisder your hand, and the majority of 10NL players are only concerned with their own hand. You'll be called here a lot by any flush, any K, hell sometimes any ace.
Once he calls the turn bet on a 4 flush board I don't think he's ever folding river.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is just bad. He's not folding a king here, most likely not folding a flush (this is the micros, they'll call w/the 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] a lot).

[/ QUOTE ]
They should call with any flush because of players like the OP (no offense).

I just don't think you're going to fold any hands that beat you at this point. Switch the turn and river cards, and you might have a bluffable situation.