Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 08:27 PM

Default Sort of weird hand I just played

Completer is blumpkin, caller seems to be a fish. Apparently I missed a bet on 5th but even a fish is going to have pair+low draw here a lot and my hand is deadish.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.83 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (3.83 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___folds

5th Street - (3.92 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (3.92 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (5.92 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx
Hero: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Old 04-28-2007, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Sort of weird hand I just played

It's a tough call and I'm going back and forth but I think checking is correct. He can't put you on a low draw because of 4th Street. He's obviously not folding 5th anyway so the 7 can't be much of a scare card and I don't think you want two bets going in on 5th in case he's already freerolling you. And if the 8 paired him, it's going to make it real difficult for you to scoop. Your lack of fold equity makes me prefer checking and seeing what cards come.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:49 PM

plsss reraise on 3rd. with AAbaby i always wanna get as many bets in on 3rd as possible. and yea i would bet 5th.

also what is ur stars name if u dont mind saying?
Old 04-28-2007, 09:58 PM

Saw this hand when it happened. You turned your hand face up on 4th. I would call 4th and raise 5th assuming fish doesn't catch perfect. As played I bet 5th but I already knew villain was the fish and you might not have known that. 3rd I think is fine sometimes and should be reraised sometimes.

-DeathDonkey
Old 04-28-2007, 10:59 PM

looks fine
Old 04-29-2007, 12:47 AM

I play it the same.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As played I bet 5th but I already knew villain was the fish and you might not have known that. 3rd I think is fine sometimes and should be reraised sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this guy is the only reason I was in the game. I just woke up from another fun session at Ocean's and was going to get ready to go out again before I saw this expert playing and I would have felt guilty if I didn't try to take some of his money before playing some more Hold Them, especially since I'm afraid the worst ones are going to go broke at triple speed in the 1/2 that I can't even play. I knew he was terrible enough to have any 3 low and any low pair+low, but I didn't know he was bad enough to have J44 or I would have probably bet 5th.

3rd is obviously a reraise for me like 500% of the time if there's just 1 dead Ace but with both of them dead I really wanted to see what could be done on 4th for me to have to beat only 1 person.

I'd rather not say what my screen name is because there are already too many people that know what a nit I am.