Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-29-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Opp just c/r\'d A high board

Against the vast majority of TAGs this is pretty much printing money. I have no idea why people advocate c/ring on A hi boards since an Ace is the least likely card to be in your OOP calling range. If you're one of the guys that calls with AK preflop and c/rs a lot, you're one level ahead and I tip my hat to you sir enjoy the stack. I've been doing this for like 50k hands or so and haven't seen anyone do this yet.

One thing that I have to add is that if you do elect to call flop to bluff the turn depends on two things
1) If the turn comes a diamond, we're done with the hand obv, people c/r bluff with equity as opposed to stone cold way more.
2) If the turn come a blank, TIMING is hugely relevant. Think of your typical decent but not great TAG sitting behind the computer thinking, 'oh yeah, he's cbetting with air so much that I can check/raise profitably ooooooh baby, [censored] he called, what the [censored] do I do now?' He then takes time to try and figure out your range, his represented range, lots of stuff, and then bluffs/doesn't bluff. Very few people at SSNL make this bluff with a multistreet plan.

Turn bet in < 3 sec = autofold IMO.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:17 AM

This really isn't as people think. If he's solid, he knows that he cannot c/c profitably with PP's that haven't hit a set. Therefore, he is forced to turn hands like 55 into bluffs if he wishes to call preflop. He never has A8/A2 here, and there just aren't that many combos of 22/88 at all. I like this.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This really isn't as people think. If he's solid, he knows that he cannot c/c profitably with PP's that haven't hit a set. Therefore, he is forced to turn hands like 55 into bluffs if he wishes to call preflop. He never has A8/A2 here, and there just aren't that many combos of 22/88 at all. I like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

87dd? If hero thinks [ QUOTE ]
If he's solid, he knows that he cannot c/c profitably with PP's that haven't hit a set. Therefore, he is forced to turn hands like 55 into bluffs if he wishes to call preflop.

[/ QUOTE ] I would think it would qualify as a read then and not describe him as a nit. Also there are ways to play pps, even 55 although more rare, in ways other then as a set or air. Majority of grinders imo at these stakes just set mine in these spots without a second thought.

I don't like it very much b/c no one ever folds a flush draw when they raise and this guy could have like KQdd and not want to fold, and this guy is a described as a nit and so far has no real evidence to prove that he makes any moves at all, which many dont at SSNL.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:30 PM

Since he's a nit, we're not giving him any credit for trapping with AK, maybe even AA? Fees says he's been running over the table; did villain decide to play "traffic cop" and figure TPTK is as good as a set here?