Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 05:12 PM

Default PAHUD Stat breakdown by color...

Not sure if this will get any love...but im interested in creating a well agreed upon color/stat system for my PAHUD. in case u havnt done so already, i would really suggest that u color code things, esp if ur playin many tables at once. its makes things easy to see on the fly, and can help u auto-pilot in certain spots (if u see a red raise from EP, it helps ur CO calling range quite a bit...)

ill give my breakdowns...and hopefully ppl can critique where my breakdowns are and we can discuss where numbers should change (also, might make color coding uniform so some1 cud say "Villian is pinky" and everyone understands)

my colors:
Red = rock
Orange = pretty damn tight
Yellow = avg player
Green = "Go" player (plays fast)
Pink = Loosey Goosey

VPIP:
red : 0-11
orange : 11.01-16
yellow : 16.01-21
green : 21.01-26
pink : 26.01+

PFR:
red : 0-5.5
orange : 5.501-9.5
yellow : 9.501-14.5
green : 14.501-21
pink : 21.01+

TA: (total aggro factor)
red : 0-.75
orange : .76-1.6
yellow : 1.61-2.25
green : 2.26-3
pink : 3.01+

For Table Stats:

Table VPIP:
red : 0-15
orange : 15.01-25
green : 25.01+

Table PFR:
red : 0-4
orange : 4.01-9
green : 9.01+

all comments welcome. just plz give reasons why for everything. also, maybe this could become the thread for all stats to b contained in as to not clutter the rest of the forum with "do my stats look..." threads
Old 10-24-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: PAHUD Stat breakdown by color...

In my experiences these seem to be right on. I only have 4 colors for stats, so I'm using wider ranges to define the yellow and green players. Our red and orange stats are within .5% of each other. I'm going to add the 5th color for VPIP and PFR to be consistent with your suggestion.

On the TA ranges, one question: is labeling a player with a 1.61 TA as average an accurate description? Are color ranges for TA more limit (i.e. stakes) dependent. Obviously this stat is interpreted in the context of all the other stats, but at 25NL full-ring (where I play) a TA of 1.6 probably deserves to be red or orange IMO as this often a better player.

Do you have any other color coded stats? I'd be interested in your thoughts on color-coded ranges for C-bets, folds to C-bets, and steal attempts.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:31 PM

I like your system here quite a bit. I see one flaw, you have yellow starting at 9.5 on pfr but 16 on vpip. The yellow color in itself seems to represent pretty strong regulars who are kinda tag but mixing it up, goodplayers. Most good players won't raise any less than 2/3 of their hands in relation to vpip. So if you have 16 vpip the pfr for yellow should be around 10.5 IMO.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my experiences these seem to be right on. I only have 4 colors for stats, so I'm using wider ranges to define the yellow and green players. Our red and orange stats are within .5% of each other. I'm going to add the 5th color for VPIP and PFR to be consistent with your suggestion.

On the TA ranges, one question: is labeling a player with a 1.61 TA as average an accurate description? Are color ranges for TA more limit (i.e. stakes) dependent. Obviously this stat is interpreted in the context of all the other stats, but at 25NL full-ring (where I play) a TA of 1.6 probably deserves to be red or orange IMO as this often a better player.

Do you have any other color coded stats? I'd be interested in your thoughts on color-coded ranges for C-bets, folds to C-bets, and steal attempts.

[/ QUOTE ]

tell u the truth, im not 100% confident in my color coding for TA.

also, i dont use the other stats (CB%, Steals, folds to CB...). however, why dont u post urs, and we can discuss off those colors.

my guess wud b that green for A2S wud b about 24. (tho i dont find A2S a number i need often, i dont think colorcoding it wud b a bad thing at all. if nothing else, it provides a chance to think about stats).
Old 10-25-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also, i dont use the other stats (CB%, Steals, folds to CB...).

[/ QUOTE ]

You really should. These stats influence my decisions on a regular basis.

I don't use the color coding that you do. I use a different color for each stat rather than a color for each value. Some stats are interrelated and you need to look at more than one to determine your play. I think it's easier to see quickly if I know what color to look for as opposed to looking for a certain stat and then seeing what color it is.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:04 PM

I'm still adjusting mine, but right now I have the following:

CB%
0-30
30-50
50-70
70-100

Steals
0-5
5-15
15-30
30-100

Folds to CB (I've found I only need three colors so far for this as anyone folding by a little more than 50%+ is a target for me).
0-30
30-50
50-100

Not sure what to set WSD and W$SD at yet.
WSD
0-10
10-30
30-50
50-100

W$SD
0-20
20-40
40-60
60-100
Old 10-25-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
also, i dont use the other stats (CB%, Steals, folds to CB...).

[/ QUOTE ]

You really should. These stats influence my decisions on a regular basis.

I don't use the color coding that you do. I use a different color for each stat rather than a color for each value. Some stats are interrelated and you need to look at more than one to determine your play. I think it's easier to see quickly if I know what color to look for as opposed to looking for a certain stat and then seeing what color it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree about looking at multiple stats to make correct decsions (or more correct). however, i have a very simple layout so i kno exactly where every stat is

i also hate too much clutter, and wud never want more than 7 things up (4 are already taken, VPIP/PFR/AF/HANDS). and because at 50FR i feel like i can autopilot, i havnt bothered with the new stats. but, if we can come up with some solid breakdowns...ill try em out for a few seshs and see if i can start adjusting
Old 10-25-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still adjusting mine, but right now I have the following:

CB%
0-30
30-50
50-70
70-100

Steals
0-5
5-15
15-30
30-100

Folds to CB (I've found I only need three colors so far for this as anyone folding by a little more than 50%+ is a target for me).
0-30
30-50
50-100

Not sure what to set WSD and W$SD at yet.
WSD
0-10
10-30
30-50
50-100

W$SD
0-20
20-40
40-60
60-100

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i like ur fold to CB. and ill have to do some thinkin on the CB%. wud u mind screenshoting ur layout so i can see what it looks like? thnx
Old 10-25-2007, 03:01 PM

Mine are colored more cold to hot i.e. blue to red. I probably need to adjust my ranges though.

What does everyone think about a universal color code? It's kind of like getting everyone on HSP to straddle, I'll go along w/ it if everyone else does.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mine are colored more cold to hot i.e. blue to red. I probably need to adjust my ranges though.

What does everyone think about a universal color code? It's kind of like getting everyone on HSP to straddle, I'll go along w/ it if everyone else does.

[/ QUOTE ]

(that was secretly one of my goals with this thread =) )