Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 07:22 PM

Default Re: First B&M Visit -- Advice?

DaveT,

I don't know where you play, but that was about the most bizarre tipping story and explanation of tipping norms I've ever heard... and I deal poker. $5 tokes make the table pass out at NL500? The table is speechless because you toked $3? People who tip larger tend to be more obnoxious and tilty?

No way, 2/5 tables generally tip well and there's nothing unusual about a $3 tip at any limit. People who are especially good tippers usually are friendlier and often newer to B&M (or they're other dealers), in fact most of the stiffs and fleas complain and bitch the most if anything.

Old 10-11-2007, 09:41 PM

I'd wager most of the good tippers have had to rely on tips before in their life and might see some of the abuse dealers have to take, most of it not deserved.

I don't hate you DaveT, you say some incredibly dumb stuff I can't just move past. NOBODY but the dealer cared how much you tipped. I've tipped $30+ in some pots and nobody batted an eye. The idea you try to equate skill to cheapness is laughable.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:57 PM

A buck or two a pot. And I don't think anyone really notices. I don't care what others tip. I'm sure the dealers do.

But I tip huge when a dealer hits my almost no-outer for a huge pot.
Its my way of appeasing the Poker Gods when I suck out after putting my money in while waaaay behind. Trust me, its painless, fun, and draws attention to what a moron I am.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:19 PM

BTW we should go back to subjct to avoid derailing this into tipping thread, just pointing out to DaveT that what he said is pretty out there