Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: First B&M Visit -- Advice?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I never understood the idea of "standard raise," Even if people are raising 10x bb, I still raise 3 or 4.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you can offer when you start out suggesting he raise an amount that will only get called or raised often.

It's like saying I only play tight no matter what the table is like...

[/ QUOTE ]

For a more proper answer, please see the Tunica Professional Thread.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:07 AM

I have no idea what thread you are refering to, so please link it or explain yourself. In fact you should explain yourself since you said it anyways.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:33 AM

You've got to work for the Tunica Professional thread. It's too priceless to just give away via a link.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:42 AM

Well the biggest differences that you'll notice right away are the absence of cheating syndicates and collusion goups,there will not be hackers who know your hole cards, there annot be 16-year-old donks calling down every hand on their mom's credit card and you wont see sleep-deprived druggies playing 41 tables at a time and then boasting that they're successful. Other than those things, it's the same game. You may also notice that there are not quite as many instant billionaires as all the online stars would have you believe. Also, when you push your stack over the line on a bluff, the players will notice the twitching and sweating. If you want some online experts at your table, just look for the guys with the bad sunglasses.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You've got to work for the Tunica Professional thread. It's too priceless to just give away via a link.

[/ QUOTE ]

I found it, but outside having a nice laugh I don't see what he is refering to that backs up his 3x answer unless he is just being sarcastic.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:14 AM

And finally, to OP: When you win a big pot stand up, raise your arms high and yell at the top of your lungs...

"Ship It"
Old 10-11-2007, 02:37 AM

Maybe even do the "Bulldozer" dance?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not that there is something inherently wrong with IPods, I have worn them myself

[/ QUOTE ]

in other news, people say 1$ is standard but that is because they are lying or don't notice the truth. only nits tip a buck when they felt someone. its fine.. i dun care and if you goto foxwoods i wouldn't tip at all.. but the truth is people generally tip more than a dollar.

the players will be terrible for the most part but a couple good ones maybe. i say def leave the sunglasses, but you can wear them because they are funny and maybe you have light eyes and the guy next to you will watch your eyes dilate when you flop a set but probably you will look like a geek and not get as much action as you would looking like a fellow degen.

you're gonna have a lot of fun

the good news is if you're playing bigger than you usually do (and according to your loc you will be) your big value bets and value c/rs will likely come across as bluffs to a lot of people. that was my experience at least the stronger my hand was the more they looked me up because the money meant so much to me and i apparently was wearing my misinterpreted nervousness on my sleeve.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in other news, people say 1$ is standard but that is because they are lying or don't notice the truth. only nits tip a buck when they felt someone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you deal?
Old 10-11-2007, 06:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And finally, to OP: When you win a big pot stand up, raise your arms high and yell at the top of your lungs...

"Ship It"

[/ QUOTE ]

lol! this is very important not to overlook