Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Noise Cancelling Headphones cost a player his 10k tourney

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What does the LOL mean here. If u didnt understand pls feel free to ask

[/ QUOTE ]

It means you talk a lot of bravado for someone w/ 29 posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol Never stopped anyone before. It's a long tradition.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:43 PM

Did said headphones limit the use of his eyes as well?
Old 07-09-2007, 05:09 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]

Saying that a $6 pair of Radio Shack headphones is equal to the Bose lessens any value I might otherwise give your opinion on this issue. You and I both know that isn't true.

[/ QUOTE ]

a) i thought you couldnt tell the difference between bose and sennheiser. if this is true i GUARANTEE you wouldnt think bose sound significantly better than crappy radioshack headphones.
b) I am 100% serious in saying that radioshack headphones would sound as good as bose. I have a/b/c'd:
-bose triport
-radioshack generic headphone
-sennheiser 19 dollar headphone

with a group of "audiophiles". Pretty much everyones order of sound quality was 3-2-1. People will ask if this was blind, but it really cant be, since even if you close your eyes you can tell the difference in feel between the headbands.
c) First you argue that you cant tell the difference between say your bose headphones and "audiophile" headphones. Then i point out that audiophile headphones are cheaper AND sound better while also telling you that pretty much any cheaper headphone will sound better. Then you tell me that it wont sound better and that youre sure of this. I just dont understand what does and doesnt make a difference to you. You pretty much emphasize the point that bose are awesome, but you cant tell differences in sound quality. Then what is awesome about them? They have no bass, tinny treble and a horrid dynamic range. I guess the fact that they do noise cancellation is nice, but sennheiser has multiple noise cancelling phones that i believe are all cheaper than the bose. I just dont understand why ANYONE buys bose. marketing i guess?
Old 07-09-2007, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Saying that a $6 pair of Radio Shack headphones is equal to the Bose lessens any value I might otherwise give your opinion on this issue. You and I both know that isn't true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember this issue of Stereophile from a long time ago........lol

http://www.stereophile.com/cdplayers/480/
Old 07-09-2007, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a) i thought you couldnt tell the difference between bose and sennheiser. if this is true i GUARANTEE you wouldnt think bose sound significantly better than crappy radioshack headphones.
b) I am 100% serious in saying that radioshack headphones would sound as good as bose. I have a/b/c'd:
-bose triport
-radioshack generic headphone
-sennheiser 19 dollar headphone

with a group of "audiophiles". Pretty much everyones order of sound quality was 3-2-1. People will ask if this was blind, but it really cant be, since even if you close your eyes you can tell the difference in feel between the headbands.
c) First you argue that you cant tell the difference between say your bose headphones and "audiophile" headphones. Then i point out that audiophile headphones are cheaper AND sound better while also telling you that pretty much any cheaper headphone will sound better. Then you tell me that it wont sound better and that youre sure of this. I just dont understand what does and doesnt make a difference to you. You pretty much emphasize the point that bose are awesome, but you cant tell differences in sound quality. Then what is awesome about them? They have no bass, tinny treble and a horrid dynamic range. I guess the fact that they do noise cancellation is nice, but sennheiser has multiple noise cancelling phones that i believe are all cheaper than the bose. I just dont understand why ANYONE buys bose. marketing i guess?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yours is the last word ... agree to disagree.

NCAces
Old 07-09-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember this issue of Stereophile from a long time ago........lol

http://www.stereophile.com/cdplayers/480/

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this guy serious?

[ QUOTE ]
tried a killer disc: Rachmaninoff's Symphony 3 and Symphonic Dances, with Mariss Jansons conducting the St. Petersburg Philharmonic (EMI CDC 7 54877 2). On some systems, just before the beginning of the Dances, you can hear a bus in front of the Yevropeyskaya Hotel. The bus (which sounds as if it's pulling out of a parking place and heading down Brodsky Street) is right where it should be: in the right channel.

With the CD-3400, the bus sounded as if it was equipped with a muffler. The player didn't quite offer the ultimate in resolution. In addition, the bass wasn't terribly deep, and dynamics were somewhat congested, if you will. There's only so much you can do with power supplies in a portable CD player that consumes 1˝W of power.

I began fussing around. At first the player was sitting directly atop my B&K Pro 10 preamp. I tried various rubber feet, to no avail. In fact, the player sounded better while sitting directly atop the preamp. Then I remembered that Veekhtor Goldstein had given me some Harmonix feet, which had proven quite effective with the Pioneer PD-65 CD player. I placed a tripod of feet under the CD-3400. I still couldn't hear the bus, but the overall sound seemed to improve slightly.

Next I tried the Harmonix feet with a Shun Mook Mpingo disc, logo face-down at six o'clock, atop the case over where the hub would be. Holey moley—the soundstage opened up, bass tightened and firmed, and the strings took on more of a sheen

[/ QUOTE ]