Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: 75o BB, Hand Quiz - 4/8

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying we need to be worried about the diamonds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't list c/c and b/f as options while omitting b/3b. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. My mistake!
Old 10-30-2007, 12:17 PM

I b/c. I don't like b/3b bc if he fires back, then there is a good chance you are beat but still have to call one more bet. I don't like c/r or c/c because you are likely to miss a bet. c/r possesses some of the same problems as b/3b which I described above. How much of a calling station is villain? Will villain call just to "see it"? If so, you definitely need to bet out.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:20 PM

Villain is definitely capable of folding on the river unimproved. I've also seen villain flop a monster (straight, set) and wait until the river to raise (pretty standard at Commerce). FWIW - Villain is a middle aged white woman with 2 cat figurines (1 was large and wooden with a tail that stood straight up) and wearing a cat t-shirt. It blew me away that she was so aggressive preflop as her playing style did not even begin to match her appearance.

I should also have pointed out that Villain tends to bet when checked to, although she's been running well and tends to always 'have it' if you know what I mean. Keep in mind that in the OP I stated that she was Laggy.

I think the reason I posted this hand is because it seems like a WA/WB situation to me. Most of the time when I bet on a river like this everyone folds and I wish I had checked and given them a chance to bluff. Maybe this is more effective at higher limits where a villain is more capable of bluffing?
Old 10-30-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I b/c. I don't like b/3b bc if he fires back, then there is a good chance you are beat but still have to call one more bet. I don't like c/r or c/c because you are likely to miss a bet. c/r possesses some of the same problems as b/3b which I described above. How much of a calling station is villain? Will villain call just to "see it"? If so, you definitely need to bet out.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he fires back whaaaa? Sure, sometimes he'll have a flush and fire back, but most of the time he's going to have a hand that will call the three bet and pay you off. He's almost never going to fold to a three bet here, and the vast, vast majority of the time you're ahead. There are way more set and two pair combinations in his range than flush ones.