Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 01:24 PM

Default How to become the Alpha Male???

Just wondering what characteristics and non-verbal communications are needed to become as close to the Alpha Male as possible???

I find this subject very interesting, and not just because the answer may lead me to having sex with or luring young, beautiful women my way.

But also of the psychological aspect of the entire subject. "Some guys get all the girls right".... Since my mantra is "Survival of the Fittest," I want the knowledge to help me become a more powerful alpha male... One in which my friends do what I want to do, have women at my disposal, and be the decision maker in business later on; which might lead to a faster rise in the corporate world.... Thanks....
Old 10-08-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: How to become the Alpha Male???

Based on the last two threads you've created, I think I can positively say you are a very insecure individual.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on the last two threads you've created, I think I can positively say you are perpetually drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-08-2007, 02:11 PM

1. confidence/fearlessness
2. capability
3. effort
4. perseverance

??
Old 10-08-2007, 02:53 PM

Not all alpha males lead succesful lives.

The term Alpha male is really talking about an individual in a certain group. A group of criminals in prison have alpha males just as well as business men, and which group you are in will determine wether you will rise to the status of alpha.

It will take a different set of skills to become the alpha male in a group of violent criminals that it would in a group of scientists for example. One would almost certainly require a good showing in the physical strength and violence categories, while the other would almost certainly not. Can you guess which is which?

Generally the alpha male is the best decision maker (as percieved by the rest of the group) combined with being less personally threatening to each individual's personal goals within the group. The latter is why often the best person to lead a task is not always the one selected for it.

And the former changes from group to group. The best person to make final decisions when crash landing a 747 may well not be the best person to make decisions about what to do with the injured survivors until help arrives.#

Just my thoughts.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:12 PM

Kick Chuck Norris' tuckas
Old 10-08-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on the last two threads you've created, I think I can positively say you are a very insecure individual.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am certain that all individuals have different insecurities... My intent with this post is just gain the knowledge of my peers and those that I regard as intelligent, not just sarcastic.... I want to know what makes certain individuals' more powerful than others'..... Seriously though, thanks for the intelligent and legitimate responses......
Old 10-08-2007, 03:37 PM

I'm not sure if this answers your question, but the typical major characteristics of masculinity are:
1. The absence of femininity (anything associated with girls)
2. Raging hormones (having or acting as if you have a high sex drive)
3. Agressiveness (includes lacking fear, tact etc)
4. Success in career or business

I'm not sure if I'm missing anything. And I'm not sure if meeting the standards of masculinity is the same thing as being an "alpha male", but I imagine they're at least related.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if this answers your question, but the typical major characteristics of masculinity are:
1. The absence of femininity (anything associated with girls)
2. Raging hormones (having or acting as if you have a high sex drive)
3. Agressiveness (includes lacking fear, tact etc)
4. Success in career or business

I'm not sure if I'm missing anything. And I'm not sure if meeting the standards of masculinity is the same thing as being an "alpha male", but I imagine they're at least related.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends which group you are in I would guess. Among very intelligent people for example I think a lack of tact would be a severe hinderance to becoming that groups unelected leader.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:44 PM

It's definitely not possible to be an Alpha Male while using strings of question marks after each sentence. That's not something Tom Cruise would do.