Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 06:25 AM

Default Defense/offense

Sometimes it just isnt worth it. Tonight I had a guy steal a girl straight out of me. I was talking and flirting all ngihtl, we were playing beer pong, and he came up and straight up stole her. Started leaning on her, putting his hands all over her, and sweet talking her right in front o f me. I was 2 seconds from sending him to the ER. Why didn’t I?

It wasn’t about the girl. It was about the principle. It wasn’t about the kiss. It was about the hug. It was about the fact that he spit in my face. Rubbed dirt on my name. Any other [censored] saying you want to use is accepltable. Point being, most everyone I know would have taken it to the next level had something like that happened.

So I didn’t. I’m a pussy. Seven years of wrestling (including beating state placers senior year before season ending surgery), a near 300 pound bench press, rudimentary jiu-jitsu and the fury and drive to destroy anything, ANYTHING, that coems in my path. His bony shoulders and popped collar didn’t stand a chance. I should have opened up.

But no. I stood back. It was fine. My hand is bleeding right now, not from him, but from a fence that I put it through. Why? Because I wanted to relieve the stress without hurting anyone. I didn’t want to go to jail. I didn’t want to send him to the ER. I wanted to be the bigger man. Was it ok? I dunno, I am 19, stupid, and have, honestly, too much physical power to control. It wasn’t my territory. It was an attempt at fate.

Any thoughts would be great. As it relates life, beliefs, general thoughts, and also to poker and pot control. I just need a few more thoughts on this one.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:40 AM

Default Re: Defense/offense

I dunno. I find that if a chick who seems keen turns out to be so disinterested that she will go for some other random guy that just walks up, I prefer not to be with her. Maybe that's just me tho.

Having said that, a black eye for the other guy would be kinda karmicly balancing imo (tho I still wouldn't want the chick).
Old 07-27-2007, 07:00 AM

she is probably a [censored], forget about it.
Old 08-04-2007, 04:24 AM

why would you want to hurt the guy who came and "stole" "your" girl? she wasn't your property.

You have every right to be pissed off, though. If this guy was your friend, he totally dissed you. But when it comes down to it, nothing he did would ever, EVER, merit violence.

Next time that happens, you should choose not to hit him just because you're a pussy, or because you don't want to go to jail, or because you don't want anyone to get hurt. You should choose not to hit him primarily because it's unethical. he did nothing to invade your life, liberty, or property. He simply acted like a total prick.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:28 AM

Why on earth do you think that having the self-control and decency to refrain from instigating physical violence makes you a "pussy"? The weak way out would have been to lose it and smash his face in because you could. Perhaps it's simply a case of you being a decent guy, rather than a mindless thug.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:42 AM

OP,

You seem a little emotional. Maybe you should try writing poetry. You could include details about your wrestling days, and tons of metaphors for someone else disrespecting you.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:33 AM

Id let it go mainly because if the girl was truly into you for being you then she wouldnt have left. also i think fighting over a girl is one of the pussiest things you can do. Self control is much more manly then fighting.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why would you want to hurt the guy who came and "stole" "your" girl? she wasn't your property.

You have every right to be pissed off, though. If this guy was your friend, he totally dissed you. But when it comes down to it, nothing he did would ever, EVER, merit violence.

Next time that happens, you should choose not to hit him just because you're a pussy, or because you don't want to go to jail, or because you don't want anyone to get hurt. You should choose not to hit him primarily because it's unethical. he did nothing to invade your life, liberty, or property. He simply acted like a total prick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, you said it for me.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:17 AM

Old 08-04-2007, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seven years of wrestling

[/ QUOTE ]

OP- Sounds like you'd be more interested in the dudes at the party...