Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: Stop Railbird Speculation

If you can direct me to the post that lists sample size and losses to DoubleDrag that'd help. Thank you.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

[ QUOTE ]
What's the party line rationale about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Best guesses

1) Short window of time before exploit would be fixed.
2) Inside job, no way of getting in trouble
3) Think of every bad player who thinks he knows poker because he's watched Rounders twice. Would he even know what good poker was supposed to look like?

Pokerzombie,

You know how intelligent Doubledrags is off the few times he's spoke during the games? I think your kidding yourself, no one knows doubledrag and clearly can't justify how intelligent he is off his chatting during the games. Secondly, Doubledrag killed everyone in both limit games and nl games in every session he played except after the alligations. I watched him play 5 sessions at 200/400 and won each session taking in 10k plus each time. I really don't know why you would want to play him, especially considering everyone on this forum pretty much thinks he's cheating.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and one last question -

It seems pretty intuitive that if someone had the skills to get the hole card cam, they'd be an intelligent person, and you'd think they could just cheat more subtlely. I feel like if I played my normal game but only used the hole card cam once in a while when I wasn't sure if I should go for a big bluff or if I should make a marginal big call, that I could absolutely crush the games and be 100% undetectable to observers.

What's the party line rationale about this?

Edit: Sorry for the late to the party, I'm sure this has been answered somewhere - but the threads are sooo long heh...

[/ QUOTE ]

fishsticks -

a lot of smart people aren't good at poker. smart people aren't necessarily good at everything
Old 09-21-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
again, I'm not particularly mad at you for playing devil's advocate, but enough is enough. it's cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

fine, im done. i promise. last post in this thread for me.

but fwiw, i wasnt playing devils advocate. i just flat out disagree with the conclusions you and many others have drawn.

and if this claim was leveled with EXACTLY the same data (screenshots, HH's and everything) but the $ amounts were downscaled proportionally to $1NL, there wouldn't be a single person who would think it was cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]

The POTRIPPER hand should be enough to convince you. If you have a doubt about that hand (after all, in a vaccum, it could be missclick) you look at a few more and it is completely clear. Nobody who understands poker well would disagree. And by fact, the only people who I have seen disagreeing with the fact this is cheating are people who suck at poker.

And at microstakes people would still draw the same conclusion, even though at those stakes there is much less incentive to cheat and much more people are willing to fool around with their money. They may show some ridiculous streaks, but never with the skyhigh river AF, they will make losing calls much more often (on any street fwiw).
Old 09-21-2007, 02:49 PM

flight2q could you please explain these 2 quotes of you:

07/03/07: FTP Down?
[ QUOTE ]

I'm at 375.00 BB/100 today.

[/ QUOTE ]
07/23/07: 9 Handed 150/300 Absolute
[ QUOTE ]

That's a sucker bet. Simple logic tells us he was called. baronzeus says he thinks it was a bluff, but not sure. So that means he didn't bluff-and-show it. And yet, I knew his cards. Hence, he must have been called. QED
(baronzeus called)

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I bet you will just spam the forums again. I thought you would do it in dialog though. You made 5 consecutive posts on page 83 just to get to page 84. Now after TeddyFBI made that very important post you posted at least 3 times on page 87 only to get to page 88.´Maybe you have people under you that assist you?
Old 09-21-2007, 02:58 PM

I'm beginning to think Absolute don't even care about this issue and it is going to have ZERO affect on their traffic. For god sake one of the main contributors to this thread and one of the people who lost alot of money to the cheats has said he's gonna keep playing there on another thread "because the games are so weak and because net i'm way [censored] up?". There's nothing wrong with that and if he's gonna keep playing there why wouldn't anyone else.

Btw, POTRIPPER is the name of a hacking tool, or more specifically an exploiting tool as mentioned on this site http://www.imafia.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2118
Old 09-21-2007, 03:03 PM

Btw, if Absolute is based in Canada why haven't some of the wronged parties attempted to bring this blatant fraud to the attention of the authorities. The evidence is more than good enough to stand up in court and whoever cheated could be easily traced from their Absolute poker account details. If this had've been my money I would be looking to put this guy in jail at this stage.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw, if Absolute is based in Canada why haven't some of the wronged parties attempted to bring this blatant fraud to the attention of the authorities. The evidence is more than good enough to stand up in court and whoever cheated could be easily traced from their Absolute poker account details. If this had've been my money I would be looking to put this guy in jail at this stage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute is not based in Canada. The Kahwanake Gaming Commission is. Absolute is based in Costa Rica (and all their employees are there as well).

Fell
Old 09-21-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Btw, POTRIPPER is the name of a hacking tool, or more specifically an exploiting tool as mentioned on this site http://www.imafia.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2118

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Closed Thread